News Stories Tagged versailles
Though less opulent than Versailles, Vaux-le-Vicomte is an equally stunning château that's well worth a day trip from Paris.
For travelers with a little extra time, the area surrounding the Palace of Versailles can make for an equally impressive visit.
For romantics looking for the perfect one-day tour of Paris and neighboring Versailles, Eloisa James, author of Paris in Love: A Memoir, has whipped up a dreamy itinerary.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Europe's 8 Most Picturesque Towns
- 10 Things Not to Do on a Cruise
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $509 & up -- Cabo All-Inclusive 4-Night Trip w/Air, $360 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $699 -- Oahu: 3-Night Stay Posh Oceanfront Resort, 50% OffTurtle Bay Resort
- $135 -- Weekends at Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Dallas Hotel
- $68 & up -- Top-Rated D.C.-Area Hotel w/Breakfast, 30% OffEVEN Hotel Rockville
- $149 -- Arizona: Scottsdale 5-Star Resort w/$100 in ExtrasThe Boulders, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
- 25% Off -- Amtrak Northeast Regional FaresAmtrak