News Stories Tagged vermont
Plenty of mountain towns have craft breweries, but many now boast craft distilleries, too. Here are five such distilleries, where you can stop in for a tour and a taste of some good 'ole homegrown hooch.
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. They're not hip, they're not cool, and that is precisely the point. Read on for five of our favorites.
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
Rustic ski lodges, snow-lined streets, and maple syrup as far as the eye can see... Embrace the winter wonderland that is Vermont in these chic packing picks.
Winter may be for snow sports, and summer for swimming, but there is no shortage of outdoor activities for adventurous travelers come fall. Read on for nine great ways to "fall" into the great outdoors.
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand weekend on a New England beach. We've rounded up where to go this summer, with a foodie focus.
From coast to coast, our country has endless hiking trails through varied and wildly beautiful landscapes. From oceanfront to mountainside and from moderate to advanced, here are 7 top trails.
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant, everything about this new boutique stay is Vermont-born (and Vermont-proud).
In a time when "authentic" is a travel buzzword, its America's small towns that are drawing in visitors with great local culture, noteworthy cuisine, outdoor offerings, and a low key charm that big cities can't match.
Vermont is a food lover's heaven with farmers' markets, microbreweries, working farms, the Ben & Jerry's factory, and tons more. Here's the perfect Vermont road trip filled with culinary stops.
Who better to point us in the direction of our new favorite ski destination than Olympic, World Cup, and National Alpine Champion skier Kaylin Richardson? She's skied virtually everywhere and has narrowed down her favorite slopes just for us.
Many ski resorts will try to woo you with promises of fun on the slopes for every age. But not all have chocolate chip cookies on the mountain, kid-only gondolas, and free lift tickets for young ones. These top resorts do.
It's hard not to dread summer's end. That is, until you remember the technicolor season ahead. Trips like these—from California to Montana—fill the fall with fallen leaves and heaps of fun.
New England hosts a cornucopia of food festivals throughout summer and fall that pay tribute to local food and cuisine, from blueberries to lobster, and cheese to chowder. We've rounded up five of the most delicious celebrations honoring regional culinary delights, for an unforgettable taste of New England.
It’s not too late to bunny-hop out of town for Easter weekend. We’ve rounded up some winning holiday packages, both on the home front and abroad, that will appeal to you and your kids alike for an Easter-inspired spring fling.
While the lack of snowfall across the U.S. and Canada has made this year's ski season less than ideal, a host of resorts are riding all-time highs when it comes to new amenities and adventures. From zipline tours, to a free fall waterslide, to old-fashioned sledding, there are plenty of activities to keep you busy on and off the mountain.
Festivals and carnivals featuring ice sculptures, sled dog races, sleigh rides, and more, give travelers a chance to join locals in fun, annual traditions. We've rounded up the best of the fests—from Vermont to Alaska—for you to consider while vacationing in your favorite winter wonderland.
Even though the formal start of winter is two full months away, now is the time to grab incredible early-season ski deals. Resorts across North America are rolling out tons of packages, and we've gathered the best so you can plan to hit the powder fast.
Every September and October, leaf peepers arrive to cruise along country lanes, join outdoor adventures, or simply stroll on town greens. We've got the basics to plan your trip, from tips to help predict the peak to downloadable Itineraries.
In New England, shoppers can pick up serious antiques or quirky bric-a-brac in old mills and converted barns. Or hit funky galleries or annual craft fairs to meet artisans and buy one-of-a-kind products.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $169 -- Caribbean: St. Maarten 4-Star Resort, Save 40%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $117-$133 -- All-Suite West Edmonton Hotel w/BreakfastHome2 Suites by Hilton West Edmonton
- $199 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Times Square HotelSheraton New York Times Square
- $289 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on NorwegianAmerican Express Travel
- $1989 -- Panama Canal 15-Nt. Cruise incl. Unlimited DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1299 -- Oceanview: 14-Nt. Asia Cruise w/$1700 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet