News Stories Tagged vermont
Vermont is a food lover's heaven with farmers' markets, microbreweries, working farms, the Ben & Jerry's factory, and tons more. Here's the perfect Vermont road trip filled with culinary stops.
Who better to point us in the direction of our new favorite ski destination than Olympic, World Cup, and National Alpine Champion skier Kaylin Richardson? She's skied virtually everywhere and has narrowed down her favorite slopes just for us.
Many ski resorts will try to woo you with promises of fun on the slopes for every age. But not all have chocolate chip cookies on the mountain, kid-only gondolas, and free lift tickets for young ones. These top resorts do.
It's hard not to dread summer's end. That is, until you remember the technicolor season ahead. Trips like these—from California to Montana—fill the fall with fallen leaves and heaps of fun.
New England hosts a cornucopia of food festivals throughout summer and fall that pay tribute to local food and cuisine, from blueberries to lobster, and cheese to chowder. We've rounded up five of the most delicious celebrations honoring regional culinary delights, for an unforgettable taste of New England.
It’s not too late to bunny-hop out of town for Easter weekend. We’ve rounded up some winning holiday packages, both on the home front and abroad, that will appeal to you and your kids alike for an Easter-inspired spring fling.
While the lack of snowfall across the U.S. and Canada has made this year's ski season less than ideal, a host of resorts are riding all-time highs when it comes to new amenities and adventures. From zipline tours, to a free fall waterslide, to old-fashioned sledding, there are plenty of activities to keep you busy on and off the mountain.
Festivals and carnivals featuring ice sculptures, sled dog races, sleigh rides, and more, give travelers a chance to join locals in fun, annual traditions. We've rounded up the best of the fests—from Vermont to Alaska—for you to consider while vacationing in your favorite winter wonderland.
Even though the formal start of winter is two full months away, now is the time to grab incredible early-season ski deals. Resorts across North America are rolling out tons of packages, and we've gathered the best so you can plan to hit the powder fast.
Every September and October, leaf peepers arrive to cruise along country lanes, join outdoor adventures, or simply stroll on town greens. We've got the basics to plan your trip, from tips to help predict the peak to downloadable Itineraries.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- $5799 -- Luxury Mediterranean Cruise incl. Air & ToursRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $179 & up -- 3-Day Cruise to the Bahamas on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Line
- $545 & up -- Waikiki 3-Nt. Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $11.66 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $202 -- 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $1499 & up -- Dublin 5-Star Private Villa Escape w/Air & CarAer Lingus Vacations