News Stories Tagged vancouver
This week we gave you a handful of reasons to visit some amazing locations, from Milwaukee to Cognac. But believe us there are far more than five reasons to go back again and again.
Canada's Pacific Northwest jewel is ushering in fall with oodles of delights to take in, with activities both indoor and out, and decadent confections. Read on for the five best reasons to go to Vancouver in autumn.
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are in bloom, and what's a summer road trip without fresh seafood? Here are four ways to go.
Vancouver is a haven for nature lovers and food lovers alike. Mix in the stylish locals, and you've got a chic, action-packed trip. Look the part in these top style picks.
Nature factors into everything in Vancouver, from the diverse and thriving food scene to the ample opportunities to hike high and swim low. Spring and summer is the best time to experience it all.
Calling all hotel (and travel) nerds! Get thee to the Vancouver Art Gallery for "Grand Hotel: Redesigning Modern Life Exhibition" to ogle old hotel artifacts and see just how far hotels have come in the last century or so.
We love a luxe getaway as much as the next person. But sometimes, adventure calls. And these land-and-sea adventures, from easy to hard, are all within a stone's throw of Vancouver.
It may be small, but it packs a punch. Victoria sits on the tip of Vancouver Island with its lively harbor and mouthwatering food. And it's celebrating its 150th anniversary, making now the time to go.
When it comes to traveling for food, you're not gonna do much better than following Mario Batali's advice. From Michigan to Mexico, and well beyond, here are his top spots to travel this summer.
If you're traveling this summer, it's time to look out for promotional deals attached to your credit card, airline miles, or hotel loyalty program; you might be surprised by the sweet deals you'll find.
Looking to indulge in a spring break escape, minus the throngs of drunken college kids and $3 tequila shots? Here are five suggestions for sophisticated spring break getaways for grown-ups, delivering romantic brushes, adrenaline rushes, gastronomic indulgences, and more.
You’ll find more authentic Chinese food in Vancouver’s Chinatown than almost anywhere in the world other than China–better than New York or Toronto—so come with an appetite.
Though long considered one of B.C.’s most sublime summer environments, Tofino has managed to transform the hostile winter of Vancouver Island’s west coast into both a surfing and storm-watching destination between November and March. No one's really sure when the concept of "bad weather" morphed into "good weather," but on the tourism-friendly Pacific Rim, nasty storms are usually considered quite fine indeed.
British Columbia is an outdoorsy person’s paradise; there are activities galore, from walking in Stanley Park in downtown Vancouver to kayaking, skiing, snowboarding, zip-lining, you name it. Make sure to bring good shoes, maybe even an extra pair—it definitely gets damp on the West Coast.
If you've caught any of the 2010 Winter Olympics television footage, you've seen the gorgeous Whistler mountain vistas and the vibrant Vancouver cityscapes, and heard about the now infamously temperate climate. Once the torch moves on, Vancouver should be extremely high on your list. Here are nine more reasons to visit Vancouver and Whistler in the coming months.
A sluggish-but-slowly-showing-signs-of-recovering economy won't stop families from traveling in 2010—but we're definitely looking for value in the trips we plan. That means we're shopping for great deals and seeking locales that appeal to toddlers through teens all at once—and in some instances, they might be trendy destinations we see on TV or the big screen.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- 6 Reasons to Visit Hamburg Now
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $119-$159 -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 45% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $116 & up -- 4-Star Washington, D.C. Area Hotel, 40% Off The Westin Alexandria
- $91 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 30%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $115 -- Colorado: 4-Star Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs
- $101 & up -- Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Beach Resort, 50% OffHotel Riu Palace Pacifico
- $850* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways