News Stories Tagged utah
With at least two solid ski months left in the winter season, we see no excuse not to get your schuss on, especially when we’ve brokered some great ski deals just for Fodorites. Prime mountain lodges in Sundance, Vail, Breckenridge, and Interlaken are offering peak-season discounts of up to 30 percent.
While the lack of snowfall across the U.S. and Canada has made this year's ski season less than ideal, a host of resorts are riding all-time highs when it comes to new amenities and adventures. From zipline tours, to a free fall waterslide, to old-fashioned sledding, there are plenty of activities to keep you busy on and off the mountain.
Mid-January brings more than powdery snowdrifts Park City, Utah. The glittery elite of Hollywood descend on the rustic ski town for the Sundance Film Festival, bringing private cars, entourages—and tons of paparazzi. The only way to get in on the action and beat the crowds is to book early, and so we've rounded up everything you'll need to plan ahead for a fabulous trip.
Even though the formal start of winter is two full months away, now is the time to grab incredible early-season ski deals. Resorts across North America are rolling out tons of packages, and we've gathered the best so you can plan to hit the powder fast.
Looking for a last minute deal to hightail it out of town this weekend? Check out our top picks, for but don't despair if you have to postpone your escape—several offers are valid through the end of the year.
From a creative, low-key start 30 years ago, the Sundance Film Festival has helped Park City blossom into a vibrant and sophisticated hub for artist and athletes alike. The annual film festival starts this Thursday, January 20 and our Sundance expert has rounded up the best things to do outside of the movie theater.
There are so many great parks in the Southwest—Zion, Bryce, Arches, Mesa Verde, and the Grand Canyon are the most popular—it can be hard to choose which one(s) to visit. Luckily, now is the perfect time to go—and you can probably see them all, by focusing your road trip on the Four Corners region.
From blazing sunsets to gigantic caverns full of bats, here's where to find the magic of the Southwest.
Want to take your own kids on the road this summer? Here are ten U.S. National Parks that won't disappoint.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Where to Eat in Montreal Now
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1898 -- 7-Nt. Pacific Northwest River Cruise, Half OffAmerican Queen Steamboat Company
- $1275 & up -- Rome, Florence & Venice 7 Nts. w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $359 & up -- Ends: 9/2: Europe Cruises w/All-Incl. OptionNorwegian Cruise Line
- $269-$289 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffWestin St. Francis
- $499 & up -- Mexico Riviera Cruises w/Upgrades & ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $107-$149 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria