News Stories Tagged uruguay
With sunny beaches and excellent wineries on Uruguay's southern coast, Punta del Este is a favorite vacation destination. Here are a few ideas on what to include in your suitcase.
Carmelo offers golden riverfront beaches, rich cultural offerings, an up-and-coming wine region, and more. Here are five reasons why you should check out this laid-back Uruguayan gem, before the secret is out.
Instead of going on the same ol' summertime trips, why not switch it up? From a US city making a major comeback to an iconic southeast African destination, here are our top summer getaway picks.
It draws you in with the allure of beaches, thrilling adventures, and idyllic wine regions, but South America has just as much to offer in the way of great cuisine. Here are three ways to discover it all.
Get beyond tango: add a quick side trip to your Buenos Aires itinerary and you'll find a whole new part of the city's culture.
Uruguay has long been a jet-set destination for wealthy Argentineans, but lately the country and its seaside resorts are garnering global buzz, thanks in part to two fabulously original hotels in laid-back Jose Ignacio. Sister hotels Estancia Vik and Playa Vik are located five miles from each other and offer a Uruguayan experience that’s second to none. Now, Fodors.com readers can save a bundle on a one-of-a-kind seven-night package at these two great properties.
Within Uruguay’s borders are some of the top beaches in South America—and now is the prime time to visit. Each beach has its own distinct vibe and personality, making it perfect for whatever type of retreat you desire.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $2471 & up -- Galapagos Island Hopping AdventureLatinEscapes.com
- $165 & up -- Suite: 4.5-Star Puerto Rico Beachfront ResortBookIt.com
- $711* & up -- 2015 Fares to Europe from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $84 & up -- Atlanta Area Hotels on Sale through WinterStarwood Hotels & Resorts
- $3699 -- 7-Nt. All-Inclu. Caribbean Cruise w/Drinks & AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $139 -- Legendary Downtown LA Hotel incl. Weekends, 40% OffMillennium Biltmore