News Stories Tagged united states
Want to get away before bulky sweater season starts? We've got just the thing—National Parks will all be free on Veterans' Day weekend. See you in the great outdoors!
No matter which way the road takes you, this country is filled with quirky, historic, and hilarious roadside stops. From circus museums to a giant T-Rex watching you golf, here are some of our favorites.
Beer gardens have been popping up across the country lately, but some are better than others. These choice gardens have quality food, tons of beers on tap, and long wooden benches to spare.
Reports show that the US hotel industry is on the upswing, filling more rooms than ever and, as such, raising prices. With higher prices come new amenities, but does that make the pill easier to swallow?
Teddy Roosevelt's Elkhorn Ranch, Joe Frazier's Philadelphia gym, Princeton Battlefield, and a nearly 200-year-old village made the list, which means they're in danger of being abandoned.
Now that warm weather is on the horizon, it's time to escape to the great outdoors with the family. Bond over daytime hikes and nighttime s'mores at these top family-friendly campsites.
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life. Whether shopping for groceries at La Boqueria in Barcelona, or taking an evening stroll through Puerto Rico’s Old San Juan neighborhood, it’s thrilling to blend in with the crowd and live like a local—if even for a moment. And there’s no better way to immerse oneself in a destination than by renting a private villa or apartment.
Four New York City subway stations on the west side of Manhattan will have cell service on their platforms beginning Tuesday morning, available to AT&T and T-Mobile customers. The stations include 23rd Street and Eighth Avenue, and three others along West 14th Street—at Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth avenues.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1225 & Up -- Waikiki: 4-Star Hilton Oceanview Stay w/AirApple Vacations
- $599 & up -- 5-Nt. Jamaica All-Incl. Getaway w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1399 -- Italy in Fall: 8-Night Rome & Tuscany Trip w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $989 & up -- Aruba Beach Vacations incl. AirAruba Tourism Authority
- $224 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Copley Place, Boston
- $169 & up -- Weekend Cruise to Baja Mexico on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Lines