News Stories Tagged united states
November 17 is known as National Take a Hike day. While we're not sure if that refers to telling some to "get lost" or actually getting off the couch to explore our country, we're going with the latter.
Road trips are a favorite summer pastime and there are endless drives to take in the US. But there are a few that are truly iconic, passing stunning scenes and charming towns. Here are the 4 you just can't miss.
Wine Enthusiast went coast to coast in search of America's superlative wine-and-dine hot spots and came back with 100 sommelier-approved restaurants in hand.
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familiar with. But, as author Andrew Carroll discovered, some major events in our country's history happened at places that have long been forgotten.
We're feeling a good amount of home-continent pride at the moment. So we dedicated this weekly roundup to North America—think great eats, road trips, beaches, adventure, and bourbon.
Need some inspiration to get those summer travel plans going? You're in luck—we launched our new Great American Trip Finder! Tell us your wants, needs, and budget, and we'll find your perfect getaway.
Want to get away before bulky sweater season starts? We've got just the thing—National Parks will all be free on Veterans' Day weekend. See you in the great outdoors!
No matter which way the road takes you, this country is filled with quirky, historic, and hilarious roadside stops. From circus museums to a giant T-Rex watching you golf, here are some of our favorites.
Beer gardens have been popping up across the country lately, but some are better than others. These choice gardens have quality food, tons of beers on tap, and long wooden benches to spare.
Reports show that the US hotel industry is on the upswing, filling more rooms than ever and, as such, raising prices. With higher prices come new amenities, but does that make the pill easier to swallow?
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways