News Stories Tagged united states
Hard cider is having a thoroughly modern moment, with sales tripling between 2007 and 2012. Here’s our list of cider hot spots to visit in the United States.
From upscale drinking establishments to neighborhood shops with "tasting bars," wine enthusiasts now have more options than ever for a great sampling and snacking environment. These are some of our favorite places to unwind with a glass of the delicious elixir.
Whether you’re wishing for a winter wonderland, or a winter escape, check out our picks for the 10 best national parks to visit this winter.
November 17 is known as National Take a Hike day. While we're not sure if that refers to telling some to "get lost" or actually getting off the couch to explore our country, we're going with the latter.
Road trips are a favorite summer pastime and there are endless drives to take in the US. But there are a few that are truly iconic, passing stunning scenes and charming towns. Here are the 4 you just can't miss.
Wine Enthusiast went coast to coast in search of America's superlative wine-and-dine hot spots and came back with 100 sommelier-approved restaurants in hand.
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familiar with. But, as author Andrew Carroll discovered, some major events in our country's history happened at places that have long been forgotten.
We're feeling a good amount of home-continent pride at the moment. So we dedicated this weekly roundup to North America—think great eats, road trips, beaches, adventure, and bourbon.
Need some inspiration to get those summer travel plans going? You're in luck—we launched our new Great American Trip Finder! Tell us your wants, needs, and budget, and we'll find your perfect getaway.
Want to get away before bulky sweater season starts? We've got just the thing—National Parks will all be free on Veterans' Day weekend. See you in the great outdoors!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $419 & up -- Bahamas 7-Nt. Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $779 & up -- Mexico: All-Incl. 4-Star Dreams Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Cruise to Key West & Cozumel, $240 offRoyal Caribbean
- $199* -- Coast-to-Coast Spring Fares into May, One WayVirgin America
- $719 & up -- 7-Night Canada & New England Cruise, $575 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $110 & up -- Boston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago