News Stories Tagged underground
The natural world can be pretty spectacular, but what we see every day isn't even the half of it. Deep beneath the earth's surface, hidden away in mountains, or submerged within oceans are some of the world's most awe-inspiring natural wonders.
Meandering the streets of a new city is a great way to feel the pulse of a place, but have you ever considered what's right below your feet? These 13 underground man-made attractions boast spectacular histories as former dwellings, burial grounds, and even smugglers' tunnels.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $156 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Costa Rica Resort w/TransfersBookIt.com
- $999 & up -- Riviera Nayarit: All-Suite, 4-Star Trip w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $1141 & up -- Bahamas 5-Nt. Trip w/Air & Access to AtlantisApple Vacations
- $159 -- Downtown Pittsburgh Convention Center Hotel, 45% OffThe Westin Convention Center, Pittsburgh
- $329 & up -- 6-Nt. Carnival Cruise to Jamaica & Grand CaymanCarnival Cruise Line
- $739 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Line