News Stories Tagged underground
The natural world can be pretty spectacular, but what we see every day isn't even the half of it. Deep beneath the earth's surface, hidden away in mountains, or submerged within oceans are some of the world's most awe-inspiring natural wonders.
Meandering the streets of a new city is a great way to feel the pulse of a place, but have you ever considered what's right below your feet? These 13 underground man-made attractions boast spectacular histories as former dwellings, burial grounds, and even smugglers' tunnels.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- World's 10 Best Art Fairs
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $399 & up -- Canada & New England 7-Nt. Cruise, 50% OffHolland America Line
- $109-$159 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Hotel, Reg. $399Westin Snowmass Resort
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $169 -- FL: St. Augustine 4-Diamond Luxe Hotel, Save 55%Casa Monica Hotel
- $135-$175 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 40%The Westin Galleria Dallas
- $119 & up -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver