News Stories Tagged underground
The natural world can be pretty spectacular, but what we see every day isn't even the half of it. Deep beneath the earth's surface, hidden away in mountains, or submerged within oceans are some of the world's most awe-inspiring natural wonders.
Meandering the streets of a new city is a great way to feel the pulse of a place, but have you ever considered what's right below your feet? These 13 underground man-made attractions boast spectacular histories as former dwellings, burial grounds, and even smugglers' tunnels.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $724* & up -- Global Fare Sale on Award-Winning Airline, R/TTurkish Airlines
- $52 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $114 & up -- Fort Lauderdale 4-Star Beach Hotel w/ExtrasSheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel
- $299 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $139 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $609 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line