News Stories Tagged underground
The natural world can be pretty spectacular, but what we see every day isn't even the half of it. Deep beneath the earth's surface, hidden away in mountains, or submerged within oceans are some of the world's most awe-inspiring natural wonders.
Meandering the streets of a new city is a great way to feel the pulse of a place, but have you ever considered what's right below your feet? These 13 underground man-made attractions boast spectacular histories as former dwellings, burial grounds, and even smugglers' tunnels.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $474 -- Bahamas 4-Night Cruise w/Tips & All DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1647 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $149 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $129-$149 -- Ft. Lauderdale 4-Star Beach Resort, Save $110Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort
- $599 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Punta Cana Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $830* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways