News Stories Tagged underground
The natural world can be pretty spectacular, but what we see every day isn't even the half of it. Deep beneath the earth's surface, hidden away in mountains, or submerged within oceans are some of the world's most awe-inspiring natural wonders.
Meandering the streets of a new city is a great way to feel the pulse of a place, but have you ever considered what's right below your feet? These 13 underground man-made attractions boast spectacular histories as former dwellings, burial grounds, and even smugglers' tunnels.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 13 Family-Friendly Hotels for Your Next Big Vacation
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally | Fodor's
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- $165 & up -- SC: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 40%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $329-$379 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 45%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $121-$162 -- Maine: 4-Star Downtown Portland Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $388 -- LA: Hotel Near Universal Studios w/$282 in ExtrasSheraton Universal Hotel