News Stories Tagged turkey
No one will expect you to have mastered the intricacies of polite speech in Turkish, but learn a few words—please (lütfen or lewtfen) and thank you (teşekkür ederim or tay-shake-kur ehday-reem) are useful—and you will be rewarded.
Mezes (small plates) are an integral part of the Turkish dining experience. Share a few as appetizers, or order a bunch and have a feast. There'll probably be more permutations of eggplant preparation than your imagination can conceive of.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- World's 10 Best Art Fairs
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- 10 Artists' Homes You Can Visit
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $99-$109 -- Downtown Memphis Hotel on Weekdays, 35% OffSheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
- $51-$58 -- Oceanfront Myrtle Beach Hotel thru Fall, 45% OffBookIt.com
- $104 & up -- Phoenix 4-Diamond Resort in Fall, 45% OffArizona Grand Resort
- $135 & up -- Downtown Chicago 4-Star Hotel, Save 65%The Westin Chicago River North
- $4699 & up -- Sydney, Ayers Rock & Port Douglas 9 Nts. w/AirDown Under Endeavours
- $139 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 60%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale