News Stories Tagged trip ideas
Whether you yearn for antique shopping, cozy inns, or simply a slower pace, these 10 towns are perfect for a quiet summer retreat.
Discover a different side of your favorite city with an oddball tour that covers more than just the major sights.
Some of the world’s most innovatively designed accommodations are popping up in remote places, from a national park in Iceland to the misty rain forest of India.
Design enthusiasts flock here year-round to cozy up in retro motels or sip martinis at throwback eateries.
Go straight to the source with a stay at one of these lavish lodgings, located in the heart of the world's most famous wine regions.
From the pleasantly peculiar to the truly wacky, here's a look at some of the country's most unusual landmarks.
To get to some of Europe's best restaurants, you have to leave the cities behind. But the trip will be well worth it.
Fresh seafood, stunning churches, and sun-swept, seaside charm greet visitors who make the trek to the Sicilian capital.
Take advantage of discounted rates and squeeze in a visit to one of these great destinations before summer ends.
For an affordable, blissful European retreat, look no further than the sun-drenched, coastal city of Lisbon.
There's no better place to drink Scotch than in its birthplace.
Whether you’re a local or a visitor, one of the best things to do in a city is escape for a while.
South Africa's wines are quickly becoming world-renowned, and its wine-growing region is turning into a foodie destination as well.
Noteworthy architecture, artistic quirks, and burgeoning music and food scenes have given the city new momentum.
The best ski resorts in the country ramp up their offerings and really come alive in the summer months. Here are 10 of the best to visit this summer.
UNESCO added 26 new locations to its list of World Heritage Sites in 2014. Here are 10 of the best.
For a look at South Africa's spectacular natural beauty, head to the aptly named Wild Coast on the country's eastern shore.
For great towns with the best waves, check out our list of the top surfing destinations around the country.
In cities around the globe, abandoned and derelict areas have been rebooted with new developments that turn historic buildings into hip destinations.
Summer vacations don't have to break the bank. Here's our list of 10 affordable destinations to help you plan your next trip.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 Most Unusual Landmarks in the U.S.
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1639 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore & Hong Kong 9 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $139* & up -- Nationwide Fare Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $212 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 45% OffSheraton Boston
- $79 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
- $1119 & up -- Paris & Prague 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $169 & up -- Downtown LA Hotel During Summer, 35% OffSheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel