News Stories Tagged trends
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's first Instagram-themed hotel.
Despite some recent developments, most airport food is for the birds. So luxe hotels across the country have kick-started a new trend of offering gourmet meals to go for airport-bound guests.
Hotels are offering more than a handful of old treadmills in their gyms these days. From in-room workouts in NYC and London to marathon challenges in the Caribbean, these trends are taking off.
Could this be the next big thing in the world of celebrity chef empires? We've noticed a handful of chef-owned hotels opening up from Vegas to Tuscany. A coincidence? Or a forecast of things to come?
Love 'em? Hate 'em? Cruise lines are loosening their grip on the classic dinners with formal dress codes. What's your take?
Why not take that classic walking city tour to new heights with this new trend of rooftop tours? From Stockholm to Quito, Ecuador, we've found tours that let you see things from a new perspective.
These hotels have a problem with commitment. But no matter where they set up camp, pop-up hotels are sure to offer a high-end, adventurous experience for nomadic travelers.
Ever feel like falling asleep with one view and waking up with another? A chic new hotel in a historic Portuguese city just outside of Porto has got your back, with their slowly revolving rooms.
London is coming around to a trend that we're already enjoying stateside: the gourmet diner. From high-end burgers to a chic chicken shop, it seems like good food at good prices is the latest trend.
From the Titanic to images of a crumbling Detroit to the Costa Concordia, tourists are fascinated by fatal wrecks and destruction. But we're lining up and buying tickets sooner than ever before.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina, Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- 15 Most Breathtaking World Heritage Sites
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $119* -- MT: Helena to Seattle this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $179* -- Coast-to-Coast Spring Fares into May, One WayVirgin America
- $125* -- Omaha to Seattle this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $109* -- Seattle to Sacramento this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $69* -- Portland to San Jose this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $179 & up -- Manhattan Westin near Grand Central, Reg. $450The Westin New York Grand Central