News Stories Tagged travel tastemakers
Marco Pasanella's life is like a dream, a hard-won, years-in-the-making, passion-driven dream. He quit his job to open a wine shop in NYC and, despite setbacks, is still there living above the shop and traveling to Italy to make his own vino.
Some people attract the right people and experiences on their travels. April Bloomfield is one of those people—she chats and eats with fascinating people from Morocco to Portland. Here, The Spotted Pig chef details her awesome travels.
Our third Travel Tastemaker is AFAR's Jen Murphy—she's a genuine globe-hopper with a penchant for great food and fitness. We asked her about the trips she's most excited about, what she always travels with, and her most memorable meals.
Cue our second Travel Tastemaker, renowned photographer Gray Malin. We picked our favorites from his latest series and asked for some behind the scenes scoop—plus he let us in on the best hotels he found along the way.
Our first Fodor's Travel Tastemaker is none other than Southern (er, Canadian) chef-extraordinaire Hugh Acheson. We talked with him about all things food—road trip snacks, great meals he had in LA, and his upcoming trip to Israel.
If we could ask for a drum roll, we would. We're very excited to introduce a brand new series: Fodor's Travel Tastemakers! We're spotlighting a well-chosen shortlist of impressive and stylish people who inspire us to travel.
The Hamptons are all beaches and be-seen, but just in case you packed your weekend bag with too few designer duds or a lackluster hostess gift, here are the area's five chicest boutiques.
The land of rolling pastures and historic cathedrals (and Bono) is cooler than you might think. Here's an insider's take on the coolest things you can't miss on your next trip to the Emerald Isle.
Perusing flea market fare in foreign cities can be a rewarding experience. You’ll spend the day rubbing shoulders with local shoppers and vendors, and you can usually find truly unique souvenirs to bring home. Herewith a rundown of our favorite flea markets around the globe.
There are always plenty of restaurant and hotel debuts coming out of Miami, but this year's shaping up to be one of the beach city's most buzzworthy years yet. Whether your idea of the perfect Miami vacation is dining at the hottest new eatery in town or just bunking down poolside at one of its hippest new hotels, here's a rundown of Miami's most anticipated accommodation and restaurant openings.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $179-$199 -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $325 -- Oahu: 4-Star Waikiki Beach Resort, 20% OffSheraton Waikiki
- $125 & up -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $112 & up -- Florida Gulf Coast 4-Star Hotel, Save 55%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $131 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Puerto Rico Beachfront ResortBookIt.com
- $107-$149 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria