News Stories Tagged travel tastemakers
Our latest Fodor's Tastemaker is a legend, teacher, author, producer, advocate, and we hear he's pretty good in the kitchen, too. Jose Andres talks to us about food, travel and his hometown of Barcelona.
Todd Selby has given us license to be voyeurs, peeking into the spaces of influencers around the world. He's our ninth Tastemaker because while we all hunt for local gems when we travel, he just does it better.
After a brief hiatus, we are back with our eighth Travel Tastemaker...Marcus Samuelsson! The award-winning chef and TV personality with great style and an incurable case of wanderlust divulges his favorite destinations, his wish-list trip, and where we can find him eating in NYC.
She's the editor-in-chief of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, she blogs about her London neighborhood, and she skips around the globe finding the cream of the crop whether its boutique hotels or roadside eats. Here Juliet Kinsman, our seventh Tastemaker, reveals her hottest destinations right now.
In late 2011, Laura Maniec opened Corkbuzz, a wine studio in NYC. Without being preachy, she's created a place where wine-enthusiasts (no matter your mastery of varietals and vintages) can learn about new wines and regions by tasting, talking, and tasting some more.
Marco Pasanella's life is like a dream, a hard-won, years-in-the-making, passion-driven dream. He quit his job to open a wine shop in NYC and, despite setbacks, is still there living above the shop and traveling to Italy to make his own vino.
Some people attract the right people and experiences on their travels. April Bloomfield is one of those people—she chats and eats with fascinating people from Morocco to Portland. Here, The Spotted Pig chef details her awesome travels.
Our third Travel Tastemaker is AFAR's Jen Murphy—she's a genuine globe-hopper with a penchant for great food and fitness. We asked her about the trips she's most excited about, what she always travels with, and her most memorable meals.
Cue our second Travel Tastemaker, renowned photographer Gray Malin. We picked our favorites from his latest series and asked for some behind the scenes scoop—plus he let us in on the best hotels he found along the way.
Our first Fodor's Travel Tastemaker is none other than Southern (er, Canadian) chef-extraordinaire Hugh Acheson. We talked with him about all things food—road trip snacks, great meals he had in LA, and his upcoming trip to Israel.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Products and Services Every Super Traveler Needs
- $79 & up -- Waterville Valley, N.H. Hotel Sale up to 40% OffWaterville Valley Resort Association
- $1302 & up -- Dublin, Limerick & Galway w/Air & RailGreat Value Vacations
- $129 -- Weekends at 4-Star Atlanta Hotel incl. $50 in ExtrasW Atlanta Downtown
- $646* & up -- Europe Fares from 5 Cities through Summer, R/TScandinavian Airlines
- $4549 -- Australia Outback, Reef & Melbourne Escape w/AirAspire Down Under
- $135 -- Weekends at Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Dallas Hotel