News Stories Tagged travel tastemakers
When it comes to living well, there are few who can match Francis Ford Coppola. He owns two wildly successful California wineries and five resorts spread between Belize, Argentina, Italy, and Guatemala. Here, the man (the myth, the legend) talks wine, food, and Italy.
Some people just know where to find the coolest stuff. And the husband-and-wife team behind Project No. 8 are experts when it comes to hunting what's new and interesting from around the world. They stock their brick-and-mortar shops with their greatest finds from Japan to Greece and back again.
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels. Alex Calderwood defines the hip boutique hotel experience in cities across the country and he has a lot to teach us on the art of cool.
Our latest Fodor's Tastemaker is a legend, teacher, author, producer, advocate, and we hear he's pretty good in the kitchen, too. Jose Andres talks to us about food, travel and his hometown of Barcelona.
Todd Selby has given us license to be voyeurs, peeking into the spaces of influencers around the world. He's our ninth Tastemaker because while we all hunt for local gems when we travel, he just does it better.
After a brief hiatus, we are back with our eighth Travel Tastemaker...Marcus Samuelsson! The award-winning chef and TV personality with great style and an incurable case of wanderlust divulges his favorite destinations, his wish-list trip, and where we can find him eating in NYC.
She's the editor-in-chief of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, she blogs about her London neighborhood, and she skips around the globe finding the cream of the crop whether its boutique hotels or roadside eats. Here Juliet Kinsman, our seventh Tastemaker, reveals her hottest destinations right now.
In late 2011, Laura Maniec opened Corkbuzz, a wine studio in NYC. Without being preachy, she's created a place where wine-enthusiasts (no matter your mastery of varietals and vintages) can learn about new wines and regions by tasting, talking, and tasting some more.
Marco Pasanella's life is like a dream, a hard-won, years-in-the-making, passion-driven dream. He quit his job to open a wine shop in NYC and, despite setbacks, is still there living above the shop and traveling to Italy to make his own vino.
Some people attract the right people and experiences on their travels. April Bloomfield is one of those people—she chats and eats with fascinating people from Morocco to Portland. Here, The Spotted Pig chef details her awesome travels.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $912* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $499 & up -- 7-Night Caribbean Cruise on Holland AmericaAmerican Express Travel
- $90 -- Brand New: Panama City Downtown Hotel, Save 35%Hyatt Place Panama City Downtown
- $1965 & up -- Sydney, Melbourne & Auckland 9 Nights w/AirTripMasters.com
- $802* & up -- Europe Summer Fare Sale from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $69 & up -- Orlando Hotel Sale through Summer, 60% OffBookIt.com