News Stories Tagged travel tastemakers
Some people just know where to find the coolest stuff. And the husband-and-wife team behind Project No. 8 are experts when it comes to hunting what's new and interesting from around the world. They stock their brick-and-mortar shops with their greatest finds from Japan to Greece and back again.
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels. Alex Calderwood defines the hip boutique hotel experience in cities across the country and he has a lot to teach us on the art of cool.
Our latest Fodor's Tastemaker is a legend, teacher, author, producer, advocate, and we hear he's pretty good in the kitchen, too. Jose Andres talks to us about food, travel and his hometown of Barcelona.
Todd Selby has given us license to be voyeurs, peeking into the spaces of influencers around the world. He's our ninth Tastemaker because while we all hunt for local gems when we travel, he just does it better.
After a brief hiatus, we are back with our eighth Travel Tastemaker...Marcus Samuelsson! The award-winning chef and TV personality with great style and an incurable case of wanderlust divulges his favorite destinations, his wish-list trip, and where we can find him eating in NYC.
She's the editor-in-chief of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, she blogs about her London neighborhood, and she skips around the globe finding the cream of the crop whether its boutique hotels or roadside eats. Here Juliet Kinsman, our seventh Tastemaker, reveals her hottest destinations right now.
In late 2011, Laura Maniec opened Corkbuzz, a wine studio in NYC. Without being preachy, she's created a place where wine-enthusiasts (no matter your mastery of varietals and vintages) can learn about new wines and regions by tasting, talking, and tasting some more.
Marco Pasanella's life is like a dream, a hard-won, years-in-the-making, passion-driven dream. He quit his job to open a wine shop in NYC and, despite setbacks, is still there living above the shop and traveling to Italy to make his own vino.
Some people attract the right people and experiences on their travels. April Bloomfield is one of those people—she chats and eats with fascinating people from Morocco to Portland. Here, The Spotted Pig chef details her awesome travels.
Our third Travel Tastemaker is AFAR's Jen Murphy—she's a genuine globe-hopper with a penchant for great food and fitness. We asked her about the trips she's most excited about, what she always travels with, and her most memorable meals.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Ultimate Safari Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays