News Stories Tagged travel tastemakers
An established restaurateur, winery owner, and MasterChef judge, Joe Bastianich knows his way around food. With restaurants and commitments around the world he has acquired some serious insight on the globe's best places to eat and travel. He graciously shared some of his top picks.
One of the best food writers working now, Anya von Bremzen has a new book out that goes back to her roots, exploring the foods of Soviet Russia. Here, she talks travels past, present, and future, with plenty of culinary highlights thrown in.
A browse in Kym Canter's closet is like traveling the world. This fashionista and Creative Director of L-atitude.com considers traipsing through the world's style capitals a job requirement. We got the low-down on her apparel adventures—and some major sartorial wanderlust.
Peter Beard has been chronicling Africa for nearly 50 years (not to mention photographing models, first ladies, and pop artists in the meantime). Jetsetting between his tented settlement in Kenya and homes in Manhattan and Montauk, he's easily one of our most iconic Tastemakers.
This MoMA PS1 Communications Director searches the world for great art—in private collections and big museums, in hidden galleries and out in nature. And she's not stopping there. Here she talks art pilgrimages and where to brunch in NYC.
Erin Swift wears many hats: set designer, interior decorator, prop stylist, magazine market editor...and author. For her latest project (her first book), she traveled across the US and France all in the name of gorgeous design. We tried to talk her into taking us with her.
Daniel Humm and Will Guidara are conquering New York's food scene in a whole new way—by celebrating and defining NY cuisine. They've traveled, cooked, and dined around the world, but found their inspiration closer to home.
Cape Town-born Shelley Armistead literally holds the keys to one of West Hollywood's most sought after spots—the Soho House. Bonus: her husband is the chef there. She's obsessed with food, healthy living, and traveling well. Our kinda girl.
Whether for work or play, Nigel Barker knows how to travel and look good doing it. The host of Oxygen's "The Face," now criss-crosses the globe with his gorgeous family in tow bound for all kinds of destinations from Tasmania to Alabama.
When it comes to living well, there are few who can match Francis Ford Coppola. He owns two wildly successful California wineries and five resorts spread between Belize, Argentina, Italy, and Guatemala. Here, the man (the myth, the legend) talks wine, food, and Italy.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $9 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $3999 -- 12-Night South America Cruise on Oceania incl. AirOceania Cruises
- $3999 -- Oceanview Suite: 10-Night Luxury Asia CruiseWindstar Cruises
- $779 & up -- Mexico: All-Incl. 4-Star Dreams Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $2799 -- 7-Night Luxury Tahiti Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $2385 & up -- Italy: 5-Night Rome Escape w/Air & ToursSceptre Tours