News Stories Tagged transportation
Tokyo is one of the most expensive cities in the world, but if you know where to look, you can hit the town, see the sights, and eat incredibly well without breaking the bank. (Unless you want to.)
Get the best of a guided tour through Düsseldorf without the strict timetable.
If you're in Puerto Rico and lose your guidebook, not to worry. Every town has its own culture trolley.
Learn how to save energy for skiing when in Denver.
Because there are so few sights in Cancun, there are no orientation tours. Your best bet is to ride the local bus circuit to get a feel for the island's layout. The buses run 24 hours a day, and you'll rarely have to wait more than five minutes.
Service on many tube lines in London will be disrupted—especially on weekends—as widespread improvements program continues before the 2012 Olympics. Check the tube's web site for up-to-date information.
Four New York City subway stations on the west side of Manhattan will have cell service on their platforms beginning Tuesday morning, available to AT&T and T-Mobile customers. The stations include 23rd Street and Eighth Avenue, and three others along West 14th Street—at Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth avenues.
A "free" taxi to Murano always comes with sales pressure. Take the vaporetto that's included in your transit pass, and if you prefer, a private guide who specializes in the subject but has no affinity to any specific furnace.
People waiting for cabs often form a line but will jump at any available taxi; be firm and don't let people cut in front of you.
Weekend traffic heading to the Maine Coast along its feeder roads, I–95 and U.S. 1, can be brutally frustrating, especially at the tollbooths. If you travel midweek instead (or outside of peak season), you won't find yourself nearly as stymied.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1029* -- Fly Nonstop to Fiji from West Coast, R/T incl. TaxFiji Airways
- $84 & up -- Baltimore Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $2703 & up -- Ireland in Spring: 5-Star Trip w/Four SeasonsSceptre Tours
- $94 & up -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 40% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites
- $149 & up -- CA: Palm Springs 4-Star Resort, 50% OffThe Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
- $4599 -- Suite: 15-Night Luxury Indian Ocean CruiseWindstar Cruises