News Stories Tagged toronto
Access to yoga while on vacation is a must for many, and while there’s no shortage of exotic spa and wellness resorts that offer expert-instructed classes on the beach or in the jungle, what happens when you want to fit in a little Zen time during a city trip? It seems many city hotels fall short in the yoga department, with oftentimes little more than a boring beginner class thrown in here and there, usually held too early in the morning for most tastes. Fear not: You can count on a good stretch and a clear mind at these yoga-conscious city hotels.
A night out at a Broadway show, opera, or concert can easily set you back a cool Benjamin (or more). While students and seniors can often catch a price break, finding discounted seats requires a bit more digging for the rest of us. Read on for some terrific tips on snagging great seats and getting cultured on the cheap.
It’s one thing for a hotel to tout "green" initiatives that smack of sustainability; it’s another thing for properties to actually practice what they preach. We’ve investigated a number of self-proclaimed leaders in the eco-consciousness branch of North America's hotel business. Here are our top picks that leave the others green with envy.
Trump International Toronto, the tallest residential building in the city—and in Canada—opens tomorrow, January 31, in the heart of downtown. The articulated spire, which soars more than 900 feet above the sidewalk, stands out among the skyscrapers in Toronto's skyline.
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation. They're often great for gathering information on topics such as what to expect when you land, where to find top hotels and the best under-the-radar restaurants, and when to book ahead for must-do activities. Essentially, it's all about the experience of what worked—and perhaps even more importantly, what didn't.
At Centro Restaurant and Lounge, a downstairs lounge has buzz, its own small, less expensive menu ($$), and live music weekends.
The most noteworthy hotel news of the week is collected here, from the planned two-plus-year renovation of the Paris Ritz to the reopening of LA's Hotel Bel-Air.
Call ahead for the omakase (chef's choice) menu and join the in-the-know Japanese businesspeople at the eight-seat bar at the back.
Free one-hour beginner salsa lessons are offered nightly at 9.
September 8th kicks off the red carpet parade otherwise known as the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). A-listers hit the city's most elegant hotels, restaurants, bars, and boutiques, but a taste of the high life in Toronto is surprisingly easy to afford.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $199 & up -- Seattle: 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 30%Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $9.10 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Queensland Trip w/Barrier Reef TourTourism and Events Queensland
- $159-$199 -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $95 & up -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan Hotel, Save 15%Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel & Casino
- $2999 -- 7-Night Luxury Cruise to Tahiti on WindstarWindstar Cruises