News Stories Tagged theme parks
Last Friday, the Islands of Adventure theme park at Universal Orlando fulfilled the fantasy of Harry Potter devotees when it unveiled the biggest addition since the arrival of Disney's Animal Kingdom in 1998. The highly publicized premiere revealed that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter recycles some attractions while seamlessly introducing movie-magic-perfect re-creations of mythical locales such as Hogsmeade Village.
First-time visitors to Disney World often make the mistake of thinking it's all about the rides. But parents constantly write to me about something else: how absolutely blown away their kids were at the chance to meet Mickey, Minnie, and the rest of the Disney characters. Here's how to maximize your character experience.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $110 & up -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 55% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites
- $899 -- Suite on Princess 7-Night Cruises w/$275 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort
- $912* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $679 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Beachfront Cancun Escape w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $2345* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand