News Stories Tagged texas
Austin's South by Southwest Festival kicks off next week. And while most of the hot spots will be under siege during the 10-day event, it's still possible to experience some highlights of the culinary scene if you plan accordingly.
Host to a recent Chanel show and home to several contemporary art institutions, Dallas has emerged in recent years on the international cultural scene with Texan aplomb. Read on for tips on what to bring along.
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined former mansion that's listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Well known for its historic significance and thriving art scene, San Antonio deserves another look for its culinary offerings. Think award-winning chefs, cool converted spaces, and a focus on craft beer.
Austin's never-ending list of hot new restaurants is tough to keep up with. So we tried them all to come up with this shortlist of the best new spots to try now.
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible distance? These 10 trips come with bears, rays, bison, and more!
Renowned Texas chef Lou Lambert now offers a hands-on interactive course in gourmet cooking outdoors—whether in the comfort of your own backyard or somewhere camping out in the wilds.
From coast to coast, our country has endless hiking trails through varied and wildly beautiful landscapes. From oceanfront to mountainside and from moderate to advanced, here are 7 top trails.
You could write your own Insider's Guide to Austin, we know. But there's plenty more Texas to discover, and we suggest starting with West Texas. Here's our guide to Big Bend, Marfa, and more.
No disrespect to the wondrous destination that is California wine country, but we think it's high time to shed light on the rest of the country's wine regions, from Arizona to, yes, even Kentucky.
Think all you need to do SXSW is a ticket to Austin and a hotel room? Think again. Winging it is ill-advised mostly because it means you'll miss some of the best stuff.
History makes an ideal travel companion, particularly when its the history of an iconic and colorful character like David Crockett. Author Bob Thompson, of this month's Born on a Mountaintop takes us on the ultimate Crockett road trip.
No, Houston might not be at the top of your bucket list, but with a flowing art scene, fine dining, and great shopping, it deserves at least a long weekend. Here's why we think you should go now.
Whether it's for SXSW or just to soak up some cool kid vibes, everyone is heading to Austin. And there's no end to the great food and drink, with fine dining, taco trucks, and classic barbecue on offer.
A bike sharing program, cool new eateries inside an old brewery, chic boutique hotels—would you ever believe we're talking about San Antonio? They've got more than just the Alamo.
If your experience of Dallas is limited to Gate 36 at the airport, its time to stop laying over and actually head into town—the city's chock full of great fun, food, and fashion.
You got a costume, stocked up on candy corn, and put fake cobwebs everywhere, but something (someone?) is missing. It's probably ghosts! Hunt them down at these fun, spooky, historic hotels.
Whether you come for the wine or the charm of Main street, you'll stay for the art, the history, and the great outdoors. Its easy to see why Fredericksburg is the unofficial heart of Texas Hill Country.
It's hard not to dread summer's end. That is, until you remember the technicolor season ahead. Trips like these—from California to Montana—fill the fall with fallen leaves and heaps of fun.
What could be more romantic than a fall weekend spent among the rolling green fields, sipping a winery's best vintage? With harvest season around the corner, here are the top six wine regions to visit.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $330* & up -- Flights to St. Maarten into Fall (R/T, w/Tax)St. Maarten Tourism Bureau
- $103-$126 -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 30%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $592* & up -- Fly to Ecuador from the U.S. (Roundtrip w/Tax)LAN
- $499 & up -- Weeklong Pacific Coast Cruise on PrincessAmerican Express Travel
- $639* & up -- Fly to Peru from the U.S. (Roundtrip w/Tax)LAN
- $269-$289 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffWestin St. Francis