News Stories Tagged texas
Think all you need to do SXSW is a ticket to Austin and a hotel room? Think again. Winging it is ill-advised mostly because it means you'll miss some of the best stuff.
History makes an ideal travel companion, particularly when its the history of an iconic and colorful character like David Crockett. Author Bob Thompson, of this month's Born on a Mountaintop takes us on the ultimate Crockett road trip.
No, Houston might not be at the top of your bucket list, but with a flowing art scene, fine dining, and great shopping, it deserves at least a long weekend. Here's why we think you should go now.
Whether it's for SXSW or just to soak up some cool kid vibes, everyone is heading to Austin. And there's no end to the great food and drink, with fine dining, taco trucks, and classic barbecue on offer.
A bike sharing program, cool new eateries inside an old brewery, chic boutique hotels—would you ever believe we're talking about San Antonio? They've got more than just the Alamo.
If your experience of Dallas is limited to Gate 36 at the airport, its time to stop laying over and actually head into town—the city's chock full of great fun, food, and fashion.
You got a costume, stocked up on candy corn, and put fake cobwebs everywhere, but something (someone?) is missing. It's probably ghosts! Hunt them down at these fun, spooky, historic hotels.
Whether you come for the wine or the charm of Main street, you'll stay for the art, the history, and the great outdoors. Its easy to see why Fredericksburg is the unofficial heart of Texas Hill Country.
It's hard not to dread summer's end. That is, until you remember the technicolor season ahead. Trips like these—from California to Montana—fill the fall with fallen leaves and heaps of fun.
What could be more romantic than a fall weekend spent among the rolling green fields, sipping a winery's best vintage? With harvest season around the corner, here are the top six wine regions to visit.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $599 & up -- Cancun: 3-Nt. All-Incl. Vacation w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $599 & up -- 5-Nt. Jamaica All-Incl. Getaway w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $96 & up -- San Diego Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $899 & up -- Ends 4/18: Hawaii 7-Nt. Cruise w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $189-$199 -- Weekends at Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star HotelThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites