News Stories Tagged tennessee
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new? From beachy Kiawah Island to colonial Mystic, these escapes might just inspire new family traditions.
Close your eyes and picture the rustic romance of waking up to a day of foraging, cooking classes, horseback riding, and lazing by the pool. Now read on to find our favorite farm stays around the world.
No matter which way the road takes you, this country is filled with quirky, historic, and hilarious roadside stops. From circus museums to a giant T-Rex watching you golf, here are some of our favorites.
To get to Bonnaroo in Tennessee, TV host and comedian Chris Gethard is walking across the country, relying only on the kindness of strangers. The rest of us will probably just keep relying on airplanes.
Springtime is the best time at many Southern inns, bed-and-breakfasts, and hotels. This is when flowers are at their peak, and the methodical work of landscapers is thrust into the spotlight. Here are five Southern resorts where the blooms are at their best.
Every state boasts at least one distinctive road that tells a story about that place and its people. Most can be driven from start to finish in a day or two. Other famous historic roads actually still cross broad swatches of the country and can take weeks to travel. Here are a few of our favorites for great multi-state road trips.
It's amazing how much you can see from your car. Whether you're in Maine, where you can be at the top of Cadillac Mountain when the sun's rays first hit the United States, or driving along the world's highest continuously-paved highway in the Rocky Mountains, the incredible accessibility of the American wilderness will blow you away. Here are some of our favorite U.S. national park drives.
Located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains and along the Tennessee River, Knoxville is the third largest city in Tennessee after Nashville and Memphis. It's a great place for foodies, offering everything from high-end French cuisine to New South locavore dining. You can also visit local farms and shop at farmers' markets.
This month marks the 145th anniversary of Robert E. Lee's surrender to Ulysses S. Grant at the Appomattox Courthouse. Yet you don't have to be a history buff to appreciate the significance of these seminal venues; in ways large and small, they helped determine the course of U.S. history.
Revel in the beauty of spring with the brilliant display of wildflowers at Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Before summer gets going and the leaf cover shadows the ground the plants on the forest floor steal the show. Flowers like trillium, lady slipper orchids, flame azalea, violets, jack-in-the-pulpit, and many others are at their brightly-colored peak in mid- to late- April.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- $2699 & up -- Paris & Normandy River Cruise w/$299 R/T AirAvalon Waterways
- $69-$79 -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite incl. WeekendsSea Watch Resort
- $259 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 30%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $89-$129 -- N.C.: Outer Banks Oceanfront Hotel thru SpringRamada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront Hotel
- $609 & up -- Punta Cana All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, Save $350CheapCaribbean.com
- $169 -- Aspen, CO: 4-Star Resort into Summer, 60% OffWestin Snowmass Resort