News Stories Tagged technology
If you're boarding a plane to nearly any other country, listen up—you can keep in touch while traveling with these super handy tips that make all your international calling options clear and easy.
There's no reason not to sign up for airline and hotel rewards programs—easier access to potential perks. But it can be tough to keep track of them all. Cue these easy-to-use online tools.
Whether you're on a long-haul flight headed somewhere exotic or a short-haul business trip, passing the time at 30,000 feet means bringing the right accessories, like these essentials.
If you're anything like us, you're constantly combing stories and blogs (like ours) for great tips ahead of your next trip. And then... you lose them. Download Anchornote to keep those top tips handy.
You charge your phone, camera, tablet, and... shoes? A British designer has created a pair that get you to your destination with built-in GPS. It was only a matter of time, we guess.
Working out and skipping town don't usually go together, but they should. With a whole new range of activities in new places, there's no reason not to pack these gadgets to get fit on the go.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for Apple products. And apparently that means that product debuts, media announcements, and launches make hotel prices spike in San Francisco.
It's just about that time again...leaf-peeping time. So do as our ancestors did, and whip out your iPhone so you can figure out what you're looking at and when you'll see the best colors.
Using apps and mobile sites for traveling is still in its infancy of being convenient and widespread. Leave it to Apple and their new PassBook app to give us just what we want and need.
Whether its leaf-peeping or that last "late summer" weekend away, fall is the perfect time to pack up the car and skip town. Bring these gadgets with you to stay safe, powered up, and connected.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $699 & up -- Puerto Vallarta Beach Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $3009 -- Vietnam: 7-Night Escorted Vacation w/Air & MealsSinorama Holidays
- $94-$151 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $95* & up -- Fly to Salt Lake City in Fall & Winter (R/T)Ski City USA
- $165 & up -- SC: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 40%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $239 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line