News Stories Tagged technology
It's just about that time again...leaf-peeping time. So do as our ancestors did, and whip out your iPhone so you can figure out what you're looking at and when you'll see the best colors.
Using apps and mobile sites for traveling is still in its infancy of being convenient and widespread. Leave it to Apple and their new PassBook app to give us just what we want and need.
Whether its leaf-peeping or that last "late summer" weekend away, fall is the perfect time to pack up the car and skip town. Bring these gadgets with you to stay safe, powered up, and connected.
Whether you're studying abroad or going from the dining hall to the dorms, make the trip easier with these cool and smart gadgets, from a portable keyboard to a cute, hybrid USB-phone case.
Put down that enormous SLR and give that camera on your phone a chance—with these apps you'll be snapping, sharing, and actually liking all your vacation photos in no time.
From island-hopping to ogling animals on safari to tasting street foods in a far off city, exotic trips are meant to be adventurous. Bring these seven gadgets along to enjoy, streamline, and journal the journey.
Alec Baldwin (and like-minded travelers who loathe the instruction to turn electronics completely off), listen up: the FAA has announced a workgroup to study the policies and potential changes to them.
According to new reports, hotel bookings are increasingly being made on mobile devices (largely tablets). And some hotel chains are introducing booking (with special discounts) via Facebook.
How do you prep for a trip to wine country? Do you study varietals and vintages? Drink wines from the region? These six gadgets, from aerators to preservers, will help you feel like a savvier sipper.
Traveling with kids is only as fun as the back-up gadgets and games you have with you. These seven cover all manner of things from digital coloring to playing with iPad puzzles on boring flights or car rides.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays