News Stories Tagged technology
New to the cloud? Been using it for eons? Either way, there are endless reasons for travelers to embrace it, like leaving the laptop at home and sending large files from anywhere in the world.
For the last few months, the world has been in directional limbo—could we really trust Apple Maps? Would it lead us astray? Google Maps has come to the rescue with their new app.
Water bottle, hat, and comfy flats are necessities when it comes to surviving a day at the theme park. But what about actually enjoying that day? That's where these gadgets come into play.
Looking for a new camera can be exhausting—DSLRs are nice, but huge. Do the smaller cameras pack the same punch? We've got all the tips you need to find your perfect fit.
Traveling and gadgetry go hand in hand—just ask that bored, angsty traveler whose iPhone died an hour ago. Here are our expert picks of the top gadgets to wrap up for your loved ones this year.
Whether you're hiking, biking, strolling, or just enjoying a sunset, sometimes you just need a soundtrack. These Bluetooth speakers give you just that, and they're easy to bring on the road.
Whether you're a block from home or thousands of miles, we think you can see things with a traveler's curiosity. And this new app agrees providing recommendations and interesting facts as you encounter them.
The sleep experience you've been waiting for is here, and no we're not talking about a pillow menu. Ibis Hotels will introduce their Sleep Art Project this month. Just you, sleeping, and a robot, painting.
If you're boarding a plane to nearly any other country, listen up—you can keep in touch while traveling with these super handy tips that make all your international calling options clear and easy.
There's no reason not to sign up for airline and hotel rewards programs—easier access to potential perks. But it can be tough to keep track of them all. Cue these easy-to-use online tools.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $149-$169 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Hotel, Reg. $419Westin Snowmass Resort
- $259 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 45% OffSheraton Boston
- $55 & up -- SoCal: Santa Clarita Hotel Deals up to 50% OffVisit Santa Clarita
- $15 & up -- Nationwide Car Rentals in Spring, 65% OffHertz
- $246 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Copley Place, Boston
- $599 & up -- Western Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line