News Stories Tagged technology
Love the quality of DSLR cameras but not ready to spend the money on one? Lucky for you, there's a whole class of camera between point-and-shoot and DSLR, and we have the top picks for you.
This year saw a ton of new travel gadgets hit the market. As we wrap up 2012, here's a look at the best of the best in travel technology (last minute Christmas gifts, anyone?).
New to the cloud? Been using it for eons? Either way, there are endless reasons for travelers to embrace it, like leaving the laptop at home and sending large files from anywhere in the world.
For the last few months, the world has been in directional limbo—could we really trust Apple Maps? Would it lead us astray? Google Maps has come to the rescue with their new app.
Water bottle, hat, and comfy flats are necessities when it comes to surviving a day at the theme park. But what about actually enjoying that day? That's where these gadgets come into play.
Looking for a new camera can be exhausting—DSLRs are nice, but huge. Do the smaller cameras pack the same punch? We've got all the tips you need to find your perfect fit.
Traveling and gadgetry go hand in hand—just ask that bored, angsty traveler whose iPhone died an hour ago. Here are our expert picks of the top gadgets to wrap up for your loved ones this year.
Whether you're hiking, biking, strolling, or just enjoying a sunset, sometimes you just need a soundtrack. These Bluetooth speakers give you just that, and they're easy to bring on the road.
Whether you're a block from home or thousands of miles, we think you can see things with a traveler's curiosity. And this new app agrees providing recommendations and interesting facts as you encounter them.
The sleep experience you've been waiting for is here, and no we're not talking about a pillow menu. Ibis Hotels will introduce their Sleep Art Project this month. Just you, sleeping, and a robot, painting.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 Most Unusual Landmarks in the U.S.
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1639 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore & Hong Kong 9 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $125 -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $79 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
- $1561* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $802* & up -- Europe Summer Fare Sale from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $1469 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com