News Stories Tagged technology
Listen up, amateur gumshoes. There's a new way to uncover the hidden city: HiddenCity, an app that works as part city tour, part scavenger hunt. For now, the cities are all in England.
We may not be professional cartographers, but we're loving this app that lets us plot our favorite points (restaurants, sights, etc) on a map, share maps with friends, and find maps of new cities from others.
Like most, we took one look at Google Glass and thought...really? But then we saw this video and everything changed. Now we're saving our pennies to get in on the action.
There is an art to armchair traveling, and Google Maps has mastered it. From their newly released Grand Canyon Street View to the Colosseum, here's where they're taking you (and your computer) now.
We will never tire of getting tips from industry insiders. Particularly if those tips are 'where to eat' and the insiders are amazing chefs. That's why we fell for Find.Eat.Drink's new iPhone app.
The future is upon us and it's looking bright. From a luggage tracker and a fork that buzzes when you eat too fast to video snow goggles, these are the most enticing travel gadgets coming out in 2013.
We love a well-curated guide as much as the next guy (duh), but sometimes it's better to have your most important bits front and center. This geek-out-worthy app lets you do just that.
With Disney's new MyMagic+ trip planning system, guests will be able to ride-hop, snag FastPasses, and charge merchandise—all without pulling out their wallets.
Love the quality of DSLR cameras but not ready to spend the money on one? Lucky for you, there's a whole class of camera between point-and-shoot and DSLR, and we have the top picks for you.
This year saw a ton of new travel gadgets hit the market. As we wrap up 2012, here's a look at the best of the best in travel technology (last minute Christmas gifts, anyone?).
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1019 & up -- Iberostar: Cozumel All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $129 & up -- Palm Springs Esmeralda 4-Star Resort, Save 35%Renaissance Esmeralda Indian Wells Resort & Spa
- $199 -- St. Maarten 4-Star Beach Resort, Save 40%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $1890 & up -- Ireland in Summer: 6-Night B&B Vacation w/AirSceptre Tours
- $267 -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, 30% OffWestin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $185 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals up to 40% OffVisit West Hollywood