News Stories Tagged technology
Security researcher and private pilot Hugo Teso has claimed to have the ability to override a commercial aircraft's controls using a mobile phone. The FAA disputes his claims.
We're sorry to report you won't be one of the 40,000 "new followers" getting a free flight, guys. Fake airline Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts are popping up again offering free flights.
Listen up, amateur gumshoes. There's a new way to uncover the hidden city: HiddenCity, an app that works as part city tour, part scavenger hunt. For now, the cities are all in England.
We may not be professional cartographers, but we're loving this app that lets us plot our favorite points (restaurants, sights, etc) on a map, share maps with friends, and find maps of new cities from others.
Like most, we took one look at Google Glass and thought...really? But then we saw this video and everything changed. Now we're saving our pennies to get in on the action.
There is an art to armchair traveling, and Google Maps has mastered it. From their newly released Grand Canyon Street View to the Colosseum, here's where they're taking you (and your computer) now.
We will never tire of getting tips from industry insiders. Particularly if those tips are 'where to eat' and the insiders are amazing chefs. That's why we fell for Find.Eat.Drink's new iPhone app.
The future is upon us and it's looking bright. From a luggage tracker and a fork that buzzes when you eat too fast to video snow goggles, these are the most enticing travel gadgets coming out in 2013.
We love a well-curated guide as much as the next guy (duh), but sometimes it's better to have your most important bits front and center. This geek-out-worthy app lets you do just that.
With Disney's new MyMagic+ trip planning system, guests will be able to ride-hop, snag FastPasses, and charge merchandise—all without pulling out their wallets.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $2899 -- Hong Kong & China: 10-Night Trip on 5-Star AirlineHong Kong Tourism Board
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $399 & up -- Ends 10/24: Bahamas Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $8.55 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $139-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter