News Stories Tagged tanzania
If you’re keen on tacking on some R&R after your oh-so-stressful Safari, consider Zanzibar. The "zan" in Tanzania is just an hour-and-a-half ferry ride from the mainland in the Indian Ocean. It’s the perfect tropical spot to kick back and relax.
East Africans, as a rule, are a reserved and religious people. Wearing revealing clothing is considered very disrespectful.
Are you dreaming of an Out of Africa experience or capturing the Big Five—buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion, and rhino—on film? Every day of an African safari is truly unforgettable, from early-morning game drives to amazing stargazing. To inspire your own adventure, here are our top regions to explore.
Call about flights to and from East Africa at least 72 hours before departure. Reconfirm your internal flights at least 48 hours before departure.
So you want an adventure, but you'd rather not take out a new life insurance policy. Never fear! From kayaking Puerto Rico's bioluminescent lake to exploring Angkor Wat, here are our favorite adventure trips for 2010.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Small Airlines You Should Know
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2014
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 10 Best Carry-On Bags for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $159 -- Caribbean 5-Night Cruise on Princess w/$50 CreditPrincess Cruises
- $2098 & up -- 5-star London Vacation w/Breakfasts & AirGreat Value Vacations
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $912 & up -- 3-Nts. at Luxe Santiago Hotel using MasterCardW Santiago
- $419 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $102 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel