News Stories Tagged tanzania
For many, an African safari represents a once-in-a-lifetime dream trip. We've rounded up some of the best that the continent has to offer, with recommendations for romantics, adventurers, foodies, and more.
Kenyans call it the seventh wonder of the world. The Great Migration is a millions-strong migration of animals across the Serengeti and the Masai Mara. And we were there to see it in all its National Geographic-style glory.
Kilimanjaro is the summit of a lifetime—the unparalleled views once you reach the top, the unforgettable terrain, and the accessibility of it all. Pack these key picks for an extra-chic climb.
With a sundowner tent, plunge pool, fair trade coffee in the morning, and fresh and gourmet cuisine, you'll be swimming in luxe creature comforts at Singita's newest safari camp in Tanzania.
A safari is a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Whether it's viewing game in Botswana, hanging with the Masai in Kenya, or gaping at the Great Migration. Here are our expert tips for planning your unforgettable safari.
Safaris are endlessly romantic—searching for beautiful animals, bumbling around in an uncovered Jeep, relaxing with nightly sundowners. Pack smart, and chic, for your African adventure.
Four Seasons has announced a long-term management deal with the luxe Bilila Lodge in the Serengeti. With upgrades planned for the fall, the name will change to Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti.
Berlin's new airport gets fresh delays, Delta discovers a greedy computer glitch, and Steve Wynn finds himself a swank apartment with Central Park views. Here's what we're reading this morning.
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation. They're often great for gathering information on topics such as what to expect when you land, where to find top hotels and the best under-the-radar restaurants, and when to book ahead for must-do activities. Essentially, it's all about the experience of what worked—and perhaps even more importantly, what didn't.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $209-$229 -- Downtown Toronto 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort
- $639 & up -- Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise on NorwegianAmerican Express Travel
- $399 & up -- Ends 9/17: Caribbean Cruise Sale w/$100 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $850* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Seattle