News Stories Tagged switzerland
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in eastern Switzerland makes for a culturally and gastronomically rich pit stop on any traveler's Swiss journey.
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. They're not hip, they're not cool, and that is precisely the point. Read on for five of our favorites.
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime with alfresco cafes, thrilling outdoor adventures, and, of course, mouthwatering eats.
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and thrilling ways to discover three spectacular destinations in one go. Here's your itinerary.
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the return of Art Week, of which Art Basel is the crown jewel. Here's an inside take on the whole affair.
Life in this small Swiss city has its fair share of fondue and chocolate, not to mention cleanliness. But this expat has discovered there's even more to love about this beautiful, lakefront city.
Springtime always brings jaunts to Europe to the forefront of travel wishlists, but if you've hit the top spots (Paris, Rome, Barcelona), it's time to discover something new, like these six smaller cities.
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. So unless you're bosom buddies with Meryl, these hotels are the closest you'll get to big screen stars.
We all know that the Carnival King is Rio, but there are ample opportunities to let your hair down at these Carnivals around the world. These are our six picks for where to spend Carnival this year.
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors. But we think it's time to embrace the snow with trips to these wintry wonderlands—think hot springs, snow tubing, and ice hotels.
Not sufficiently in the holiday spirit yet? Follow our intrepid writer through Europe's Christmas markets and feel the warm glow of yuletide cheer. Or at least get some good travel tips!
Curious about European river cruising? One little Rhine River itinerary with Avalon Waterways, and you'll be an believer. Floating past Medieval castles, wine glass in hand, anyone?
Boy have we got a deal for you—two deals in fact! Amsterdam's luxe The Dylan hotel and Basel, Switzerland's Swissotel Le Plaza are offering Fodors.com readers exclusive discounts.
We don't know about you, but we tend to get fewer chocolates left on our pillows at home. We also have to turn down our own beds. Here's how to artfully come home from holiday. (Hint: Don't.)
A solar-powered plane is taking its first transcontinental flight, Plymouth City Airport is auctioning off all its furniture, and we've got our noses in these top travel memoirs. Here's what were reading now.
From Heathrow's less-than-secure new measures in customs to one Swiss village's genius social media campaign, here are the headlines we're reading right now.
In Lucerne, Switzerland, outdoor concerts are a thrice-weekly event.
Dream of taking your next vacation on two wheels, but worried about keeping up with the group—or making it up the big hills, period? With e-bikes becoming an increasingly popular option in bike-friendly destinations all over the world, here are a few options to roll with when you need a little extra pedal power.
It’s not too late to bunny-hop out of town for Easter weekend. We’ve rounded up some winning holiday packages, both on the home front and abroad, that will appeal to you and your kids alike for an Easter-inspired spring fling.
With at least two solid ski months left in the winter season, we see no excuse not to get your schuss on, especially when we’ve brokered some great ski deals just for Fodorites. Prime mountain lodges in Sundance, Vail, Breckenridge, and Interlaken are offering peak-season discounts of up to 30 percent.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $325 -- Oahu: 4-Star Waikiki Beach Resort, 20% OffSheraton Waikiki
- $219 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Times Square HotelSheraton New York Times Square
- $188* -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into October, One WayVirgin America
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort
- $2544* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $125 -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino