News Stories Tagged sweden
High on design, Stockholm is the perfect place for a summertime stay. Its long sunny days invite locals and visitors into the outdoors for daytime strolls and evening sips. Pack right and you'll fit right in.
Stockholm is more than IKEA, ABBA, and Absolut. From a sunken ship museum and petting zoos to cobblestone streets and outdoor thrills, this city surrounded by water has charms for all ages.
Home to eight Michelin-starred restaurants, Stockholm is a definite dining capital. And while new restaurants pop up constantly, we picked the best of the newcomers to try now.
Yes, you read that right. A new hotel chain in Gothenburg, Sweden offers nights representative of how the city's homeless live, with proceeds going to support job creation.
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors. But we think it's time to embrace the snow with trips to these wintry wonderlands—think hot springs, snow tubing, and ice hotels.
After a brief hiatus, we are back with our eighth Travel Tastemaker...Marcus Samuelsson! The award-winning chef and TV personality with great style and an incurable case of wanderlust divulges his favorite destinations, his wish-list trip, and where we can find him eating in NYC.
This might just be the best cruise ship you've never heard of. We're just back from cruising with Hapag-Lloyd in Germany, and points beyond, and we're practically in withdrawals.
One of the quickest ways to feel like a local is to eat like one. To "fika" is quintessentially Swedish, and its a delicious, daily tradition you won't want to miss out on.
A really good film will take you places, sending you not just on an emotional or intellectual journey, but also transporting you to the film’s locale, thanks to its strong sense of place. From this year’s list of Academy Award-nominated films, travel takes a front-seat view, transporting you from the Hawaiian tropics to small-town Mississippi, and from exotic Bangkok to the old train stations of Paris and London. Read on for a roundup of some of this year's most transporting film locations.
Admittedly, Europe's "Big 3" are hard to beat. But if you're looking for new experiences, our Europe-trotting Fodorites recommend where to go after you've been to Paris, London, and Rome.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $549 & up -- Caribbean Cruise w/Upgrade; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $45 & up -- Las Vegas Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $2679 & up -- Italy: Tuscany Villa Vacation w/Air & CarSceptre Tours
- $619* & up -- Europe Fare Sale from across the U.S. (R/T)Lufthansa
- $9 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $2385 & up -- Italy: 5-Night Rome Escape w/Air & ToursSceptre Tours