News Stories Tagged stockholm
High on design, Stockholm is the perfect place for a summertime stay. Its long sunny days invite locals and visitors into the outdoors for daytime strolls and evening sips. Pack right and you'll fit right in.
Stockholm is more than IKEA, ABBA, and Absolut. From a sunken ship museum and petting zoos to cobblestone streets and outdoor thrills, this city surrounded by water has charms for all ages.
Home to eight Michelin-starred restaurants, Stockholm is a definite dining capital. And while new restaurants pop up constantly, we picked the best of the newcomers to try now.
Why not take that classic walking city tour to new heights with this new trend of rooftop tours? From Stockholm to Quito, Ecuador, we've found tours that let you see things from a new perspective.
One of the quickest ways to feel like a local is to eat like one. To "fika" is quintessentially Swedish, and its a delicious, daily tradition you won't want to miss out on.
Hotels are doing more than just upgrading decor to woo their guests—they’re pulling out all the stops, from fostering the latest cutting-edge technology to revolutionizing room service. Herewith a roundup of the latest and greatest hotel amenities, touting some of our favorite bells and whistles.
A really good film will take you places, sending you not just on an emotional or intellectual journey, but also transporting you to the film’s locale, thanks to its strong sense of place. From this year’s list of Academy Award-nominated films, travel takes a front-seat view, transporting you from the Hawaiian tropics to small-town Mississippi, and from exotic Bangkok to the old train stations of Paris and London. Read on for a roundup of some of this year's most transporting film locations.
Admittedly, Europe's "Big 3" are hard to beat. But if you're looking for new experiences, our Europe-trotting Fodorites recommend where to go after you've been to Paris, London, and Rome.
If you’re considering a European getaway to a city where biking everywhere is the norm, digging into organic food is promoted, and recycling is expected, consider the following eco-friendly options.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $840* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $2105 & up -- Sydney, Melbourne & Auckland 9 Nights w/AirTripMasters.com
- $721* & up -- Europe Fall Fares from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $1474 -- Oceanview: 12-Nt. Europe Cruise w/Tips & All DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $689 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. 'Dreams' Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com