News Stories Tagged spain
From a tasting tour of China's regional cuisines to a cooking class in the foothills of Morocco's Atlas Mountains, these 10 food-focused experiences are among the tastiest in the world.
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors gives advice on how to travel by rail in Spain and the most scenic driving routes to take from Madrid.
Tired of following the pack? Set out on your own adventure with our list of the world's best destinations for independent travelers.
Even if you're not the most observant tourist, it's hard not to take notice of the literary history that abounds in Madrid. Here are five essential stops on any literary tour of Spain's capital.
While thoughts of southern Spain might conjure up images of sun and sea before snow-covered slopes, don't be fooled: the Sierra Nevada region of Andalusia is an in-the-know ski bunny's best-kept secret.
Barcelona offers up the perfect ingredients for an extra-long weekend escape: culture, history, a vibrant dining scene, and the beach. Here are a few satisfying musts to knock off your checklist.
The Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid has debuted in Madrid's design- and fashion-conscious Chueca district as the first location for this brand-new boutique-hotel brand.
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery. See (and taste) it all on this perfect food-lover's road trip through Basque country.
We're all about Spain right now, and not just because we'd kill for a sangria followed by a siesta. So we packed our imaginary bags for a stroll through Seville, complete with stops for tapas and flamenco.
An elusive artisan cheese from the highlands of Spain leads author Michael Paterniti on a food-crazed journey from a Michigan deli to the fields of Castile in search of the story behind it.
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch tonics often prepared table-side. Indulge in this can't-miss cocktail at these five Madrid hot spots.
Springtime always brings jaunts to Europe to the forefront of travel wishlists, but if you've hit the top spots (Paris, Rome, Barcelona), it's time to discover something new, like these six smaller cities.
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable for traveling con niños.
Dare we point out that Valentine's Day is (already) just a month away? Instead of the same ol' chocolate-and-flowers game, take a romantic getaway a deux to one of these sweet destinations.
With views of the Costa Brava and two golf courses, DoubleTree's first hotel in Spain offers guests the chance to enjoy the beaches and historic villages of Girona.
Like the rest of Spain (and, really Europe), Barcelona lights up during the holidays with festive displays and tasty treats that abound. But there's one Catalan tradition that may surprise (and delight?) you.
The practice of offering tapas on the house may be dwindling in other parts of Spain, but it's still going strong in Granada. It's as simple as ordering a drink first, but there are a few rules to doing it right.
Barcelona is filled to the brim with things to see, do, and eat, but so are the towns that surround it. Get a stunning change of scenery on one of these choice day trips from the city.
Isabella of Castile is an enormously significant figure in Spain's history, and her presence can be found in some of the country's most stunning castles. C.W. Gortner, author of The Queen's Vow gives us the perfect castle-filled itinerary.
Make the most of swimsuit season with our top picks to flatter any body type. From itsy, bitsy triangle tops to retro styles, these suits are sure to turn heads.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 Most Unusual Landmarks in the U.S.
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2009 -- Sydney & Brisbane 6-Night Vacation w/Air, $325 OffDelta Vacations
- $183* -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into November, One WayVirgin America
- $5795* & up -- Business Class Flights for 2 on Luxe AirlineQatar Airways
- $802* & up -- Europe Summer Fare Sale from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $840* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1599 -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Night Trip w/Air, Save $580IB Travelin