News Stories Tagged spain
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch tonics often prepared table-side. Indulge in this can't-miss cocktail at these five Madrid hot spots.
Springtime always brings jaunts to Europe to the forefront of travel wishlists, but if you've hit the top spots (Paris, Rome, Barcelona), it's time to discover something new, like these six smaller cities.
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable for traveling con niños.
Dare we point out that Valentine's Day is (already) just a month away? Instead of the same ol' chocolate-and-flowers game, take a romantic getaway a deux to one of these sweet destinations.
With views of the Costa Brava and two golf courses, DoubleTree's first hotel in Spain offers guests the chance to enjoy the beaches and historic villages of Girona.
Like the rest of Spain (and, really Europe), Barcelona lights up during the holidays with festive displays and tasty treats that abound. But there's one Catalan tradition that may surprise (and delight?) you.
The practice of offering tapas on the house may be dwindling in other parts of Spain, but it's still going strong in Granada. It's as simple as ordering a drink first, but there are a few rules to doing it right.
Barcelona is filled to the brim with things to see, do, and eat, but so are the towns that surround it. Get a stunning change of scenery on one of these choice day trips from the city.
Isabella of Castile is an enormously significant figure in Spain's history, and her presence can be found in some of the country's most stunning castles. C.W. Gortner, author of The Queen's Vow gives us the perfect castle-filled itinerary.
Make the most of swimsuit season with our top picks to flatter any body type. From itsy, bitsy triangle tops to retro styles, these suits are sure to turn heads.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $141 & up -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $119 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $183 & up -- Colorado: Beaver Creek 4-Star Suite, $120 OffBeaver Creek Lodge
- $99 & up -- Colorado: West Denver Hotel, 30% OffSheraton Denver West Hotel
- $169 -- FL: St. Augustine 4-Diamond Luxe Hotel, Save 55%Casa Monica Hotel
- $97* & up -- Canada: Fare Sale from Across the US, O/WAir Canada