News Stories Tagged spain
The practice of offering tapas on the house may be dwindling in other parts of Spain, but it's still going strong in Granada. It's as simple as ordering a drink first, but there are a few rules to doing it right.
Barcelona is filled to the brim with things to see, do, and eat, but so are the towns that surround it. Get a stunning change of scenery on one of these choice day trips from the city.
Isabella of Castile is an enormously significant figure in Spain's history, and her presence can be found in some of the country's most stunning castles. C.W. Gortner, author of The Queen's Vow gives us the perfect castle-filled itinerary.
Make the most of swimsuit season with our top picks to flatter any body type. From itsy, bitsy triangle tops to retro styles, these suits are sure to turn heads.
Luxury hotel group Jumeirah swung open the doors this week to their plush, new Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel and Spa set in Fodor's "Top 10 Places to Travel this Spring" pick, Mallorca, Spain.
A must-see in Spain is the annual Feria, or April Fair, taking place from April 24th to the 29th in Seville.
Purchase the Paseo del Arte (Art Walk) pass for easy access to three art museums in Madrid.
Being bohemian in the big city is so passé. Search out "La Vie Bohème" island-style instead, where you can skip out on urban smog in favor of sunshine, and forgo the standard island mega-resorts for artsy, rustic digs. We've rounded up seven island destinations that will have you letting loose and reconnecting with the good life in no time.
With the dollar now at a multi-week high against a sinking euro, European travel is looking evermore affordable. And since Fodor's readers have just picked the best spots in Europe for Value in 2012, we’ve taken the top five choices—Spain, Austria, Ireland, Greece, and Belgium—and zeroed in on outstanding deals and attractions in each of them.
Cycling enthusiasts can look to bike-maker Cannondale's newly launched bike tours for their next bike-themed vacation. The tours follow the routes of legendary pro tours in America and Europe, but combine physical exertion with plenty of sightseeing and pampered recovery time factored in.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways