News Stories Tagged spa and beauty
In New York City, there are pockets of tranquility within easy reach, no travel to far-off lands required. Look to luxury spas boasting all manner of treatments to iron out urban kinks, dispel stress, and soothe the savage beast with a little tender loving care. Naturally, it'll cost you, but when you need a quick trip to "Anywhere but Here," try one of these four posh sanctuaries.
Pure, clean airspace doesn't come easy at cruising altitude—we're all at the mercy of whatever odors waft by—savory and otherwise. Why not take matters into your own nose by carrying some uncommon scents on board to create your own aromatherapy?
Check in at least 20 minutes prior to your first treatment. The earlier you arrive, the longer you can enjoy the spa’s gratis amenities, like relaxation areas, pools, and steam rooms.
A visit to the Riviera Maya is not complete without participating in a temazcal ritual based on traditional Mayan healing methods. Temazcal is a type of sweat lodge that’s used to purify the body and cleanse mind and spirit.
Known for the curative properties of their natural springs, a collection of mineral-spa towns in southern Minas Gerais forms the Circuito das Águas (Water Circuit). For more than a century people have flocked to these mystical towns, bathing in the pristine water parks and drinking from the bubbling fountains. Today the towns are especially popular among older, wealthier Brazilians.
From the massive landmass of Australia to the islands of New Zealand, the South Pacific has many unique botanicals that are found nowhere else on earth. With their active lifestyles and increased sun exposure, Aussies and Kiwis understand the power of nature—as traveling skincare enthusiasts will quickly learn. So, the next time you’re Down Under, give your skin a break from surfing or trekking through the bush to explore some of the region’s top skincare products and wellness experiences.
Here are ten reasons to leave home tomorrow...
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays