News Stories Tagged spa and beauty
In New York City, there are pockets of tranquility within easy reach, no travel to far-off lands required. Look to luxury spas boasting all manner of treatments to iron out urban kinks, dispel stress, and soothe the savage beast with a little tender loving care. Naturally, it'll cost you, but when you need a quick trip to "Anywhere but Here," try one of these four posh sanctuaries.
Pure, clean airspace doesn't come easy at cruising altitude—we're all at the mercy of whatever odors waft by—savory and otherwise. Why not take matters into your own nose by carrying some uncommon scents on board to create your own aromatherapy?
Check in at least 20 minutes prior to your first treatment. The earlier you arrive, the longer you can enjoy the spa’s gratis amenities, like relaxation areas, pools, and steam rooms.
A visit to the Riviera Maya is not complete without participating in a temazcal ritual based on traditional Mayan healing methods. Temazcal is a type of sweat lodge that’s used to purify the body and cleanse mind and spirit.
Known for the curative properties of their natural springs, a collection of mineral-spa towns in southern Minas Gerais forms the Circuito das Águas (Water Circuit). For more than a century people have flocked to these mystical towns, bathing in the pristine water parks and drinking from the bubbling fountains. Today the towns are especially popular among older, wealthier Brazilians.
From the massive landmass of Australia to the islands of New Zealand, the South Pacific has many unique botanicals that are found nowhere else on earth. With their active lifestyles and increased sun exposure, Aussies and Kiwis understand the power of nature—as traveling skincare enthusiasts will quickly learn. So, the next time you’re Down Under, give your skin a break from surfing or trekking through the bush to explore some of the region’s top skincare products and wellness experiences.
Here are ten reasons to leave home tomorrow...
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1419 & up -- Prague, Vienna & Budapest 7-Nts. w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $189-$199 -- Weekends at Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star HotelThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $739 & up -- 6-Nt. Vallarta Vacation on Private Beach w/AirApple Vacations
- $139-$179 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
- $1487* & up -- Australia Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxVirgin Australia
- $125 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria