News Stories Tagged south america
Board an intimate riverboat or luxury cruise ship in search of squirrel-size tamarin monkeys, three-toed sloths, jaguars, scarlet macaws, pink river dolphins, and much more.
Want to avoid looking like a clueless tourist? Follow our 10 rules to live by when traveling to Brazil.
It draws you in with the allure of beaches, thrilling adventures, and idyllic wine regions, but South America has just as much to offer in the way of great cuisine. Here are three ways to discover it all.
Craft beers are a trend the world over, and South America is jumping on the bandwagon. Moving beyond its award-winning wines, locals and visitors to the region are enjoying local brews.
Thinking of a trip to South America this winter? Why not their winter? Their cooler months (our summer months) are a great time to go for lower rates and seasonal activities with fewer tourists.
South America may be feeling cooler temps this time of year, but new properties are popping up across the region, from flashy modern digs to serene escapes.
Nestled in the Andean hillside, the Mashpi Lodge opened last week beckoning those looking to get close—very close—to all the flora and fauna of the lush rainforest reserve that surrounds.
Being bohemian in the big city is so passé. Search out "La Vie Bohème" island-style instead, where you can skip out on urban smog in favor of sunshine, and forgo the standard island mega-resorts for artsy, rustic digs. We've rounded up seven island destinations that will have you letting loose and reconnecting with the good life in no time.
The new year brings a slew of new cruises to suit every travelers' taste, from family-oriented, ten-day trips to the Caribbean, to luxury, round-the-world sailings that stop in dozens of exotic ports. We've been flooded with news from every cruise line about their 2013 voyages, and have identified our favorites to give you the scoop on the best of what's offered.
This year marks the hundredth anniversary of Machu Picchu's "discovery" by Yale University historian Hiram Bingham. We've got the basics to help plan your own exploration of this iconic symbol of Peru—and one of the world’s must-see destinations.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- 8 Cooling Beauty Products for Beating the Heat
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $3115 & up -- Bora Bora Upscale 5-Nt. Retreat incl. AirTahiti.com
- $159-$199 -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $1562 & up -- Iceland Holiday Trip w/Air & Northern LightsGreat Value Vacations
- $2649 -- Australia 11-Nt. City & Beach Trip w/Air, $990 OffArtisan Traveler
- $1195* & up -- Summer Fare Sale to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Queensland Trip w/Barrier Reef TourTourism and Events Queensland