News Stories Tagged south africa
To see an entirely different side of South Africa, explore the Karoo region, replete with quirky culture and dazzling landscapes.
South Africa's wines are quickly becoming world-renowned, and its wine-growing region is turning into a foodie destination as well.
For a look at South Africa's spectacular natural beauty, head to the aptly named Wild Coast on the country's eastern shore.
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native South Africa.
South Africa's star city has personality and an overabundance of style. Check out our favorite picks and book your trip now while Cape Town's summer is still hot.
This sunny South African city is a pleasant destination nearly any time of year. Here are some tips on what to bring so you can enjoy the city's many splendors.
For many, an African safari represents a once-in-a-lifetime dream trip. We've rounded up some of the best that the continent has to offer, with recommendations for romantics, adventurers, foodies, and more.
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need not share with other hotel guests. At these seven properties, enjoy a plunge pool to call your very own.
To say there's plenty to do, see, eat, and drink in Cape Town would be an understatement. But unfortunately (or fortunately), the city is surrounded by equally worthy pursuits.
There's no better place than South Africa to witness the sea's most awesome creatures in action, and its top-notch restaurants, hotels, and culture round out the experience.
Surrounded by world-renowned wine estates, farmland, and miles of rich coastline, Cape Town is one of Africa's foremost food destinations. We did the research for you and picked the cream of the crop.
From its food to its vibrant nightlife, Cape Town's eclectic mingling of cultures and history make for an endlessly interesting array of things to do and see—from penguin-watching to wine tasting and everything in between. Our insider's guide helps you narrow down the choices.
He's written some of our favorite series—No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, ahem—set in far corners of the world, making us feel like we were solving mysteries with Mma Ramotswe. We caught up with Alexander McCall Smith himself to chat about Botswana and beyond.
South Africa's newest boutique hotel offers a getaway for tourists and business travelers alike. Think oxygen therapy and pancakes. That's right. Read on.
A safari is a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Whether it's viewing game in Botswana, hanging with the Masai in Kenya, or gaping at the Great Migration. Here are our expert tips for planning your unforgettable safari.
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere. But South Africa has its own answer to the hip vibes and cool spots—Cape Town's Woodstock neighborhood.
Fall is the time for savvy travels, with slashed prices, fewer crowds, and cooler temps. Whether its far-flung (Croatia, South Africa) or close-by (Colorado, Miami), here are our top destinations this season.
Beyond Cape Town, Kruger, and Franschhoek lies the Garden Route. Lush landscapes, gorgeous animals, and lazy sundowners await you on this once-in-a-lifetime road trip in South Africa.
Fodors.com caught up with renowned author Jay McInerney on the heels of his latest book launch to get his picks for the best wine regions to travel to right now.
It's summer in South Africa's city by the sea. Cape Town's new openings and innovative offerings rival those of the most cutting-edge Northern Hemisphere cities—but at a relative discount. Here’s the inside scoop on Cape Town’s buzziest boutique hotels, hottest restaurants, and most happening art shows this season.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $840* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $2149 & up -- Luxe China River Cruise w/Air, $1100 OffVacances Sinorama
- $125 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel in Fall, 35% OffThe Westin San Diego
- $119 & up -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 45% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $269-$289 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffWestin St. Francis
- $169 -- Caribbean: St. Maarten 4-Star Resort, Save 40%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten