News Stories Tagged south africa
South Africa's newest boutique hotel offers a getaway for tourists and business travelers alike. Think oxygen therapy and pancakes. That's right. Read on.
A safari is a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Whether it's viewing game in Botswana, hanging with the Masai in Kenya, or gaping at the Great Migration. Here are our expert tips for planning your unforgettable safari.
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere. But South Africa has its own answer to the hip vibes and cool spots—Cape Town's Woodstock neighborhood.
Fall is the time for savvy travels, with slashed prices, fewer crowds, and cooler temps. Whether its far-flung (Croatia, South Africa) or close-by (Colorado, Miami), here are our top destinations this season.
Beyond Cape Town, Kruger, and Franschhoek lies the Garden Route. Lush landscapes, gorgeous animals, and lazy sundowners await you on this once-in-a-lifetime road trip in South Africa.
Fodors.com caught up with renowned author Jay McInerney on the heels of his latest book launch to get his picks for the best wine regions to travel to right now.
It's summer in South Africa's city by the sea. Cape Town's new openings and innovative offerings rival those of the most cutting-edge Northern Hemisphere cities—but at a relative discount. Here’s the inside scoop on Cape Town’s buzziest boutique hotels, hottest restaurants, and most happening art shows this season.
Certain countries, such as South Africa, won't let you enter with a passport that will expire less than 30 days after your planned departure from the country; also, you need two blank pages in your passport to enter South Africa.
With six of the country's top ten restaurants and its most famous wine estates just a 45-minute drive from Cape Town, the Western Cape vineyards makes a dream vacation for those with a love of fine food and the grape. Here are some ideas to plan a packed three-night tour to keep your days full and your palette peaked.
Plan to spend US$15 to US$25 a day (per traveler) on gratuities. In South Africa tips are on the higher end of this range and usually are paid in rand (the local currency); you may also use U.S. dollars for tips, however. Elsewhere in southern Africa, U.S. currency is preferred.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $909 & up -- Greece: Escorted Athens Land-Only Trip w/CruiseApple Vacations
- $708 & up -- Costa Rica Volcano & Beach 5-Nts. w/Air & CarTripMasters.com
- $299 -- Maui: Oceanfront 4-Star Resort, Save 20%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $189-$199 -- Weekends at Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star HotelThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $549 -- 7-Night Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$100 Onboard CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $769 & up -- 4-Night Riviera Maya Escape w/Air, $200 OffCheapCaribbean.com