News Stories Tagged south africa
From its food to its vibrant nightlife, Cape Town's eclectic mingling of cultures and history make for an endlessly interesting array of things to do and see—from penguin-watching to wine tasting and everything in between. Our insider's guide helps you narrow down the choices.
He's written some of our favorite series—No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, ahem—set in far corners of the world, making us feel like we were solving mysteries with Mma Ramotswe. We caught up with Alexander McCall Smith himself to chat about Botswana and beyond.
South Africa's newest boutique hotel offers a getaway for tourists and business travelers alike. Think oxygen therapy and pancakes. That's right. Read on.
A safari is a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Whether it's viewing game in Botswana, hanging with the Masai in Kenya, or gaping at the Great Migration. Here are our expert tips for planning your unforgettable safari.
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere. But South Africa has its own answer to the hip vibes and cool spots—Cape Town's Woodstock neighborhood.
Fall is the time for savvy travels, with slashed prices, fewer crowds, and cooler temps. Whether its far-flung (Croatia, South Africa) or close-by (Colorado, Miami), here are our top destinations this season.
Beyond Cape Town, Kruger, and Franschhoek lies the Garden Route. Lush landscapes, gorgeous animals, and lazy sundowners await you on this once-in-a-lifetime road trip in South Africa.
Fodors.com caught up with renowned author Jay McInerney on the heels of his latest book launch to get his picks for the best wine regions to travel to right now.
It's summer in South Africa's city by the sea. Cape Town's new openings and innovative offerings rival those of the most cutting-edge Northern Hemisphere cities—but at a relative discount. Here’s the inside scoop on Cape Town’s buzziest boutique hotels, hottest restaurants, and most happening art shows this season.
Certain countries, such as South Africa, won't let you enter with a passport that will expire less than 30 days after your planned departure from the country; also, you need two blank pages in your passport to enter South Africa.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $127-$144 -- Colorado: 4-Star Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs
- $2999 -- Spain: 7-Night Culinary & Wine Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $1562 & up -- Iceland Holiday Trip w/Air & Northern LightsGreat Value Vacations
- $199 -- Hawaii: 4-Star Kauai Beachfront Resort, $110 OffKauai Marriott Resort
- $912* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $1299 & up -- Tuscany & Rome Weeklong Villa Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations