News Stories Tagged skiing
This friendly resort destination makes for a great getaway in late winter or early spring, with ski slopes that stay open until the end of April.
When you're skiing in the French Alps, the last thing you want to do is head off the slopes for lunch. Check out six great ski-in, ski-out eateries to try that are not to be missed.
The luxury Koh-I Nor Hotel offers ski-in, ski-out access to the French Alps, two restaurants, stunning views, and more.
With three new luxury resorts, a spa, and plenty of restaurants, the après-ski scene in this laid-back mountain town—just a 15-minute drive from Aspen—has never looked so fine.
This mountain town is a longtime favorite ski destination thanks to its top-notch slopes, sleigh rides, and more. Check out five reasons to visit this winter.
While thoughts of southern Spain might conjure up images of sun and sea before snow-covered slopes, don't be fooled: the Sierra Nevada region of Andalusia is an in-the-know ski bunny's best-kept secret.
This winter, travelers can uncover a gold mine of dining destinations in Denver, putting the city on the map for more than just skiing (and hipsters!). Here's your foodie hit list, before or after you hit the slopes.
Once a quaint mining town, these days, Aspen, Colorado, offers all of the comforts and extravagances of a world-class ski resort. Here are some ideas for what to bring along.
The French Alps has welcomed the addition of brand-new plush property L'Apogée Courchevel. The ski-in, ski-out resort is the latest installment from the prestigious Oetker Collection hotel group.
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. They're not hip, they're not cool, and that is precisely the point. Read on for five of our favorites.
Opened December 1, W Verbier—a lavish new ski-themed hotel tucked into the Swiss Alps—represents a new direction for the widely popular hipster-oriented brand
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
These 10 resorts across the country have a reputation for being especially kind to kin. Not only will kids of all ages be happy, there’s plenty for parents to enjoy, too.
Lake Tahoe is a year-round destination, to be sure. But it really comes to life in the winter, with activities from skiing and snow-shoeing to apres-skiing and gambling galore.
Rustic ski lodges, snow-lined streets, and maple syrup as far as the eye can see... Embrace the winter wonderland that is Vermont in these chic packing picks.
There are a variety of fresh charms waiting on the slopes this season, from brand-new and newly-renovated hotels to just-opened lifts, and virgin trails. So suit up, and get ready to carve up the mountains at these must-visit ski resorts.
There's no reason not to hit the slopes once the snow has melted away on the foothills—Park City's hills are alive in the summer, where music and outdoor fun abounds.
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible distance? These 10 trips come with bears, rays, bison, and more!
Tired of the same ol' tropical getaways? No, we're not either, but this year we're dying to shake up the classic spring break trips. From skiing to zip-lining, you really won't miss the beach (or the crowds).
Heading to Beaver Creek, there's usually little wonder as to what you'll do—ski or snowboard. But there are tons of reasons to snap out of those skis and explore.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $99 & up -- FL Keys: All-Suite Resort w/Parking, Reg. $378BookIt.com
- $202 & up -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, 35% OffWestin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $269-$289 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffWestin St. Francis
- $84 & up -- Florida Gulf Coast 4-Star Hotel, Save 60%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $118 -- 4-Diamond Calgary Hotel: Weekends w/ParkingWestin Calgary
- $1299 -- Oceanview: 14-Nt. Asia Cruise w/$1700 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet