News Stories Tagged skiing
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
Lake Tahoe is a year-round destination, to be sure. But it really comes to life in the winter, with activities from skiing and snow-shoeing to apres-skiing and gambling galore.
Rustic ski lodges, snow-lined streets, and maple syrup as far as the eye can see... Embrace the winter wonderland that is Vermont in these chic packing picks.
There's no reason not to hit the slopes once the snow has melted away on the foothills—Park City's hills are alive in the summer, where music and outdoor fun abounds.
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible distance? These 10 trips come with bears, rays, bison, and more!
Tired of the same ol' tropical getaways? No, we're not either, but this year we're dying to shake up the classic spring break trips. From skiing to zip-lining, you really won't miss the beach (or the crowds).
Heading to Beaver Creek, there's usually little wonder as to what you'll do—ski or snowboard. But there are tons of reasons to snap out of those skis and explore.
NYC has more than enough diversions, of course. But once the snow starts to fall, the best way to spend a day is on the slopes that are just a quick drive away.
A trip to Whistler means so much more than just skiing or boarding (though there are prime peaks to explore)—think a swank apres scene, great food and wine, and a luxe spa experience.
Big Sky Country means big adventure and, if you ask us, big style. Whether you're skiing, boarding, snowshoeing, or sledding, bundle up in these chic picks.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays