News Stories Tagged ski resorts
For most people spending a day on the slopes, the food options usually consist of hamburgers, pizza and wings eaten off a plastic tray, all washed down with a soda. But some ski areas are known as much for their food as their slopes and snowfall. Here are some of the best ski towns for foodies.
Some of the world’s most breathtaking resorts are far above sea level, nestled in mountain ranges and perched on top of desert cliffs. Here are our picks for the world’s most stunning mountaintop hotels.
These 10 resorts across the country have a reputation for being especially kind to kin. Not only will kids of all ages be happy, there’s plenty for parents to enjoy, too.
There are a variety of fresh charms waiting on the slopes this season, from brand-new and newly-renovated hotels to just-opened lifts, and virgin trails. So suit up, and get ready to carve up the mountains at these must-visit ski resorts.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1615 & up -- Bali & Singapore 6-Nts. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $1799 & up -- London in Summer: 4-Night Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $999 -- 10-Nt. Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$150 Onboard CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $739 & up -- 6-Nt. Vallarta Vacation on Private Beach w/AirApple Vacations
- $299 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $708 & up -- Costa Rica Volcano & Beach 5-Nts. w/Air & CarTripMasters.com