News Stories Tagged singapore
If you haven't been to Singapore in the past three years, it's almost as if you haven't been there at all. Read on for five reasons why this tropical outpost warrants more than just an extended layover.
Native Hawaiian David Lee has been residing in Singapore for over a year now, and gives our intrepid reporter tips on how to live, what to buy, and ways to stay cool just one degree north of the equator.
It's time you put Singapore at the top of your travel wishlist. Billions of invested dollars have turned it into a buzz-worthy destination with hot hotels, cool restaurants, and a slick, modern vibe.
Sampling local specialties is the name of the game in Singapore, and most can be found at their very best at street stalls in hawker centers all over the city. Here's what to eat and where, from an insider.
Exploring the fabled regions of the Far East is infinitely easier by sea. And Voyages to Antiquity is one of a small group of luxe ships that can carry you to (and educate you on) Myanmar and its neighbors.
Two of the world's longest flights—from Singapore to Newark and Los Angeles—will soon be cut, due to increases in fuel costs. The airline says they will still have a focus on travel to the US.
Everyone's favorite Royals, Will and Kate, are on the move again—this time in Asia Pacific. As one of the many tours for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, they're stopping in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and more.
W Hotels are popping up all over the world, with the latest set to open in Singapore on September 16th. This new property will have all the posh bells and whistles the brand is known (and loved) for.
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom. Happily, these seven international jet-set hubs are coming to flyers’ rescue, continuing to roll out mega-entertainment options and "top that!" amenities that transform their terminals into temporary tourist destinations in their own right.
With mid-cruise voyages to distant landlocked spots as well as uncommon ports of call closer to home, here are some top choices for the most unique cruising itineraries of 2012.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand