News Stories Tagged singapore
Steamy, bustling, and burgeoning, this Southeast Asian city-state has become a rather snazzy metropolis in recent years. Here's a primer on what to bring along.
If you haven't been to Singapore in the past three years, it's almost as if you haven't been there at all. Read on for five reasons why this tropical outpost warrants more than just an extended layover.
Native Hawaiian David Lee has been residing in Singapore for over a year now, and gives our intrepid reporter tips on how to live, what to buy, and ways to stay cool just one degree north of the equator.
It's time you put Singapore at the top of your travel wishlist. Billions of invested dollars have turned it into a buzz-worthy destination with hot hotels, cool restaurants, and a slick, modern vibe.
Sampling local specialties is the name of the game in Singapore, and most can be found at their very best at street stalls in hawker centers all over the city. Here's what to eat and where, from an insider.
Exploring the fabled regions of the Far East is infinitely easier by sea. And Voyages to Antiquity is one of a small group of luxe ships that can carry you to (and educate you on) Myanmar and its neighbors.
Two of the world's longest flights—from Singapore to Newark and Los Angeles—will soon be cut, due to increases in fuel costs. The airline says they will still have a focus on travel to the US.
Everyone's favorite Royals, Will and Kate, are on the move again—this time in Asia Pacific. As one of the many tours for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, they're stopping in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and more.
W Hotels are popping up all over the world, with the latest set to open in Singapore on September 16th. This new property will have all the posh bells and whistles the brand is known (and loved) for.
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom. Happily, these seven international jet-set hubs are coming to flyers’ rescue, continuing to roll out mega-entertainment options and "top that!" amenities that transform their terminals into temporary tourist destinations in their own right.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $135 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Waterfront Resort, Half OffBookIt.com
- $84 & up -- Atlanta Area Hotels on Sale through WinterStarwood Hotels & Resorts
- $235 & up -- 4-Star Kauai Resort w/Two-for-One BreakfastSheraton Kauai Resort
- $118 & up -- Downtown D.C. Holiday Hotel Sale, up to 30% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $1486* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $79 & up -- New Orleans Hotel Sale up to 65% OffNew Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau