News Stories Tagged silversea cruises
Keep British tradition alive with sumptuous afternoon tea service aboard the most luxurious cruise lines in the business.
Lines like Holland America, Silversea, and Oceania are offering convenient "Grand Voyages" that let you head to Alaska, the Maldives, South Africa, and more on a 2- to 4-week trip.
Cruises definitely don't come in one-size-fits-all; pick the wrong one and you could be cursing the day you decided to cruise. Instead, match your travel style to one of these 7 topnotch cruises.
Two cruise lines, Oceania and Silversea, are upping the culinary ante onboard with interactive cooking classes and on-shore wine excursions, leaving the old cooking demo format behind.
Silverseas cruise line will begin sailing to the Galapagos Islands following its purchase of Ecuadorian cruise line Canodros SA. Refurbishments (and subsequent maiden voyages) are set for fall 2013.
Whether with onboard offerings like cooking demos or in-port market tours and wine tastings, cruise lines are showcasing food and wine on a whole new level.
The tropical Indonesian archipelago, with its 17,508 isles spilling over with pristine beaches, lush vegetation, vibrant villages, and stuck-in-time temples, is primed for a seafaring discovery. The burgeoning port of Bali serves as the most prominent cruise ship call in the region: Read on for a roundup of five top Bali cruise vacations.
If you’re looking to set out on an upper-crust cruise vacation, but don’t quite have the high society bankroll to fund it, you’re in luck. Two luxury small-ship cruise lines have recently launched promotions that reduce rates on sailings to the Caribbean, Mediterranean, China, Egypt, and beyond, by 25 to 40 percent. Just hurry—the best berths are sure to book up fast, and one of these deals expires as soon as Wednesday, February 29.
We heard it through the grapevine: Catering to oenophiles is the latest trend on the high seas. A trio of cruise lines are pulling out all the stops to lure wine enthusiasts on deck, with newly launched wine-themed programs that feature plenty of wine experts on tap, viticulture-minded lectures, special vintage tastings, and more. And, of course, ports of call worthy of raising a glass to, in some of the world's top wine regions.
Ultra-luxe, all-suite cruise line Silversea is cooking up a new "Slow Food Adventure in Tuscany" program in partnership with Slow Food Italy.
With mid-cruise voyages to distant landlocked spots as well as uncommon ports of call closer to home, here are some top choices for the most unique cruising itineraries of 2012.
The new year brings a slew of new cruises to suit every travelers' taste, from family-oriented, ten-day trips to the Caribbean, to luxury, round-the-world sailings that stop in dozens of exotic ports. We've been flooded with news from every cruise line about their 2013 voyages, and have identified our favorites to give you the scoop on the best of what's offered.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $1449 & up -- 'Worlds Best' Luxury Sailings on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $419 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $139* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland
- $118 & up -- Downtown D.C. Holiday Hotel Sale, up to 30% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $609 & up -- Los Cabos Beachfront Vacation w/Air, $280 OffCheapCaribbean.com