News Stories Tagged silversea cruises
Keep British tradition alive with sumptuous afternoon tea service aboard the most luxurious cruise lines in the business.
Lines like Holland America, Silversea, and Oceania are offering convenient "Grand Voyages" that let you head to Alaska, the Maldives, South Africa, and more on a 2- to 4-week trip.
Cruises definitely don't come in one-size-fits-all; pick the wrong one and you could be cursing the day you decided to cruise. Instead, match your travel style to one of these 7 topnotch cruises.
Two cruise lines, Oceania and Silversea, are upping the culinary ante onboard with interactive cooking classes and on-shore wine excursions, leaving the old cooking demo format behind.
Silverseas cruise line will begin sailing to the Galapagos Islands following its purchase of Ecuadorian cruise line Canodros SA. Refurbishments (and subsequent maiden voyages) are set for fall 2013.
Whether with onboard offerings like cooking demos or in-port market tours and wine tastings, cruise lines are showcasing food and wine on a whole new level.
The tropical Indonesian archipelago, with its 17,508 isles spilling over with pristine beaches, lush vegetation, vibrant villages, and stuck-in-time temples, is primed for a seafaring discovery. The burgeoning port of Bali serves as the most prominent cruise ship call in the region: Read on for a roundup of five top Bali cruise vacations.
If you’re looking to set out on an upper-crust cruise vacation, but don’t quite have the high society bankroll to fund it, you’re in luck. Two luxury small-ship cruise lines have recently launched promotions that reduce rates on sailings to the Caribbean, Mediterranean, China, Egypt, and beyond, by 25 to 40 percent. Just hurry—the best berths are sure to book up fast, and one of these deals expires as soon as Wednesday, February 29.
We heard it through the grapevine: Catering to oenophiles is the latest trend on the high seas. A trio of cruise lines are pulling out all the stops to lure wine enthusiasts on deck, with newly launched wine-themed programs that feature plenty of wine experts on tap, viticulture-minded lectures, special vintage tastings, and more. And, of course, ports of call worthy of raising a glass to, in some of the world's top wine regions.
Ultra-luxe, all-suite cruise line Silversea is cooking up a new "Slow Food Adventure in Tuscany" program in partnership with Slow Food Italy.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $999 & up -- Hawaii: 7-Night All Island Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $2385 & up -- Italy: 5-Night Rome Escape w/Air & ToursSceptre Tours
- $549 & up -- Caribbean Cruise w/Upgrade; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $189 & up -- Bahamas: 3-Day Cruise to NassauCarnival Cruise Lines
- $65 & up -- Barbados Travel Deals thru Summer, up to 60% OffBarbados Tourism Authority
- $75 & up -- Ocean View Room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffThe Caribbean Resort & Villas