News Stories Tagged silversea cruises
Keep British tradition alive with sumptuous afternoon tea service aboard the most luxurious cruise lines in the business.
Lines like Holland America, Silversea, and Oceania are offering convenient "Grand Voyages" that let you head to Alaska, the Maldives, South Africa, and more on a 2- to 4-week trip.
Cruises definitely don't come in one-size-fits-all; pick the wrong one and you could be cursing the day you decided to cruise. Instead, match your travel style to one of these 7 topnotch cruises.
Two cruise lines, Oceania and Silversea, are upping the culinary ante onboard with interactive cooking classes and on-shore wine excursions, leaving the old cooking demo format behind.
Silverseas cruise line will begin sailing to the Galapagos Islands following its purchase of Ecuadorian cruise line Canodros SA. Refurbishments (and subsequent maiden voyages) are set for fall 2013.
Whether with onboard offerings like cooking demos or in-port market tours and wine tastings, cruise lines are showcasing food and wine on a whole new level.
The tropical Indonesian archipelago, with its 17,508 isles spilling over with pristine beaches, lush vegetation, vibrant villages, and stuck-in-time temples, is primed for a seafaring discovery. The burgeoning port of Bali serves as the most prominent cruise ship call in the region: Read on for a roundup of five top Bali cruise vacations.
If you’re looking to set out on an upper-crust cruise vacation, but don’t quite have the high society bankroll to fund it, you’re in luck. Two luxury small-ship cruise lines have recently launched promotions that reduce rates on sailings to the Caribbean, Mediterranean, China, Egypt, and beyond, by 25 to 40 percent. Just hurry—the best berths are sure to book up fast, and one of these deals expires as soon as Wednesday, February 29.
We heard it through the grapevine: Catering to oenophiles is the latest trend on the high seas. A trio of cruise lines are pulling out all the stops to lure wine enthusiasts on deck, with newly launched wine-themed programs that feature plenty of wine experts on tap, viticulture-minded lectures, special vintage tastings, and more. And, of course, ports of call worthy of raising a glass to, in some of the world's top wine regions.
Ultra-luxe, all-suite cruise line Silversea is cooking up a new "Slow Food Adventure in Tuscany" program in partnership with Slow Food Italy.
With mid-cruise voyages to distant landlocked spots as well as uncommon ports of call closer to home, here are some top choices for the most unique cruising itineraries of 2012.
The new year brings a slew of new cruises to suit every travelers' taste, from family-oriented, ten-day trips to the Caribbean, to luxury, round-the-world sailings that stop in dozens of exotic ports. We've been flooded with news from every cruise line about their 2013 voyages, and have identified our favorites to give you the scoop on the best of what's offered.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $135-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, $100 OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $155-$170 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $125 & up -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $169 & up -- Caribbean: St. Maarten 4-Star Resort, Save 55%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $893* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $135-$175 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 40%The Westin Galleria Dallas