News Stories Tagged sights
So you've decided on a trip to Italy. Cue the flood of questions, like which airport to fly into, which hotel to book, and what sights are really worth seeing. Here are some of the most common—and their answers.
Teddy Roosevelt's Elkhorn Ranch, Joe Frazier's Philadelphia gym, Princeton Battlefield, and a nearly 200-year-old village made the list, which means they're in danger of being abandoned.
Whether or not you aspire to be a Kennedy or a Trump, no trip to Palm Beach would be complete without a little mansion oggling. So we put together a walking tour dripping with riches.
We know you've seen (and swooned over) the new Great Gatsby trailer. But we're upping the ante with this full-on Gatsby-inspired itinerary on Long Island's "Gold Coast." You're welcome.
So, you've been to Italy. You've criss-crossed the streets of Florence, the canals of Venice, and the sights of Rome. Now it's time to make deeper cuts: here are four less-traveled destinations to hit next.
Win the Best Parent Ever award; book play time with the seals for your kids at the New England Aquarium
Want to make your day at the aquarium really special for the kids? Call ahead for a reservation to play with the seals! For $45, kids 9 and up can go behind the scenes and help feed and entertain the seals.
Purchase your tickets in advance online (esbnyc.com). You can't skip the security line, but you can skip to the front of both this line and the line for elevators by purchasing an Express Pass for an extra $45—if time is tight, it guarantees you'll get to the observation deck in twenty minutes.
A surprisingly peaceful spot, St. Mary's Square has a couple of small, well-kept playgrounds, perfect for a break from the hustle and bustle of Chinatown.
One of the best views in the city is from the glass elevators at the Westin St. Francis Hotel—and best of all, a ride is free. Zip up to the 32nd floor for a bird's-eye view; the lights of the nighttime cityscape are particularly lovely.
If you plan to see an IMAX show as well as check out the aquarium, buy a combo ticket; you'll save $3.95 for the adult ticket.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $215 & up -- Florida: 4-Star Hollywood Resort & Spa, 40% OffThe Westin Diplomat
- $129 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $119 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Hotels, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1399 -- Asia: 2-Week Celebrity Cruise w/$1000 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $169 & up -- Weekend Cruise to Baja Mexico on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Lines
- $899 & up -- Ends 4/18: Hawaii 7-Nt. Cruise w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line