News Stories Tagged sights
You've strolled Avenue Montaigne, had a macaron at Laduree, and sipped wine next to the Louvre. Want more Paris? Do as the locals do, and book it to Canal St. Martin's chic streets.
The Statue of Liberty is set to reopen on her 126th birthday, just one year after closing for renovations. Visitors will find upgraded restrooms, stairways, safety systems, and new elevators.
Don't know much (or anything) about presidential sites? Well, Kenneth Davis, author of Don't Know Much About the American Presidents picked 10 sites for us to see this election year, from boyhood homes to distilleries.
London's soaring to new heights, even post-Olympics. The Emirates Air Line, which opened earlier this summer, transports passengers high above the Thames for a ski lift-like trip to east London.
Riviera Maya is one of Mexico's most beautiful beach destinations, but it's also home to an incredible array of ruins dating back thousands of years. Hurry and get some ancient adventure in before it's all over.
You may know about its idyllic green, pastoral landscapes, but Wales is full of surprises—from mushroom foraging and 'Great Little Trains' to a village of castles, coasteering, and tons of Joneses
Few countries can offer what Italy can in the way of local culinary specialties, art, and architecture, Oh, and throngs of tourists. Skip the beaten paths, and hit these worthy alternatives instead.
It was announced yesterday that the UNESCO World Heritage List added an 11th site in Turkey, called Catalhoyuk. Located in Konya, it's rife with early human artifacts like sculptures and wall paintings.
One of the most legendary archeological sites in Sicily, the Villa Romana del Casale at Piazza Armerina, reopened on July 4 after a six-year hiatus. During that time, this UNESCO heritage site was painstakingly restored by 50 experts, and at a cost of 18 million euros.
So you've decided on a trip to Italy. Cue the flood of questions, like which airport to fly into, which hotel to book, and what sights are really worth seeing. Here are some of the most common—and their answers.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- 4 Perfect Japan Itineraries
- NYC's Best New Outdoor Watering Holes
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com