News Stories Tagged siena
They said it couldn't be done...that it's impossible to find a tour bus-free patch of Tuscany to explore. They were wrong. This food-and-wine-filled Tuscan itinerary has more hand-made pasta than tourists.
Few countries can offer what Italy can in the way of local culinary specialties, art, and architecture, Oh, and throngs of tourists. Skip the beaten paths, and hit these worthy alternatives instead.
From chic new hotels to can't-miss art events, the season's top destinations are blossoming with fresh experiences. Whether you'd like to revel in the music at Prague's spring music festival, taste wines near the vines in Paso Robles, or mingle with Tuscan locals before the summer crowds arrive, these trips are sure to brighten your season.
If you're lucky enough to be visiting Tuscany in summer, don't miss the Palio, a bareback horse race held every July 2 and August 16 in Siena's Piazza del Campo. Here are some insider tips for the best experience.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $8.01 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $239 & up -- Ends 12/2: Pacific Coast Cruises w/$250 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $419 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $60 & up -- Myrtle Beach Fall Deals, Save up to 20%Visit Myrtle Beach