News Stories Tagged sicily
Fresh seafood, stunning churches, and sun-swept, seaside charm greet visitors who make the trek to the Sicilian capital.
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. But some of the continent's "second" cities have just as much history, culture, and cuisine to offer, with fewer crowds and at more affordable prices. Bon voyage!
An hour's flight from Rome, Sicily is the perfect holiday-within-a-holiday. Spend a long weekend traipsing from Trapani to Taormina, eating well and ogling ancient architecture.
Imagine lounging at a restaurant overlooking the Mediterranean, glass of wine and plate of pasta with fresh seafood before you. Few but the savviest travelers know—fall is the time to go to Sicily.
Sicily presents a whole new side of Italy, far from the rolling hills of Tuscany and the ruin-filled city of Rome. From its sparkling blue coast and mouthwatering cuisine, here's how an insider does Taormina.
One of the most legendary archeological sites in Sicily, the Villa Romana del Casale at Piazza Armerina, reopened on July 4 after a six-year hiatus. During that time, this UNESCO heritage site was painstakingly restored by 50 experts, and at a cost of 18 million euros.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- 5 Reasons to Go to Slovenia | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- 6 Reasons to Visit Hamburg Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $99 & up -- Aruba Hotels & Resorts: Save up to 55%Aruba Tourism Authority
- $69 & up -- Condo: 4-Star Panama City Beach Resort, 55% OffBookIt.com
- $3015* & up -- Worldwide Business Class Fares (R/T w/Tax)ASAP Tickets
- $118 -- 4-Diamond Calgary Hotel: Weekends w/ParkingWestin Calgary
- $51-$58 -- Oceanfront Myrtle Beach Hotel thru Fall, 45% OffBookIt.com
- $2199 -- London: Downton Abbey Christmas Ball w/Air & HotelFriendly Planet Travel