News Stories Tagged sicily
Fresh seafood, stunning churches, and sun-swept, seaside charm greet visitors who make the trek to the Sicilian capital.
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. But some of the continent's "second" cities have just as much history, culture, and cuisine to offer, with fewer crowds and at more affordable prices. Bon voyage!
An hour's flight from Rome, Sicily is the perfect holiday-within-a-holiday. Spend a long weekend traipsing from Trapani to Taormina, eating well and ogling ancient architecture.
Imagine lounging at a restaurant overlooking the Mediterranean, glass of wine and plate of pasta with fresh seafood before you. Few but the savviest travelers know—fall is the time to go to Sicily.
Sicily presents a whole new side of Italy, far from the rolling hills of Tuscany and the ruin-filled city of Rome. From its sparkling blue coast and mouthwatering cuisine, here's how an insider does Taormina.
One of the most legendary archeological sites in Sicily, the Villa Romana del Casale at Piazza Armerina, reopened on July 4 after a six-year hiatus. During that time, this UNESCO heritage site was painstakingly restored by 50 experts, and at a cost of 18 million euros.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 10 Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best Safaris in the U.S.
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Luxurious Log Cabins Across the U.S.
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods
- $579 & up -- Cabo: Riu All-Inclusive 4-Night Escape w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $189 & up -- Tucson 4-Diamond Resort in Spring, Save 30%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $99-$109 -- St. Louis Hotel into Baseball Season, Save 40%St. Louis City Center Hotel
- $190 & up -- Baltimore: 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 30% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
- $1620 -- Land Only Trip from Limerick to Belfast, Reg. $1799Tourism Ireland
- $69 & up -- Virginia Hotels and Resorts on Sale, Save 50%Virginia Tourism Corporation