News Stories Tagged shopping
From fireworks displays to foodie tours, there are endless ways to celebrate the Golden Gate Bridge's 75th Anniversary throughout the year in San Francisco. Here are our top picks.
Looking for an exotic and glamorous getaway unlike any on earth? From sunbathing on the Arabian Gulf to five-star camel treks in the Empty Quarter to shopping for Chanel in immaculate malls, Abu Dhabi is a must-do for any glittering passport book.
This week, Fodor's takes you on a tour of the best stops—and shops—along one of New York City's most famous routes. You'll see why, for over a century, fabled Fifth Avenue has been synonymous with wealth, privilege, and luxury.
The Marais quarter has long served as Paris's fashion barometer. These four standout boutiques rank supreme, consistently providing a choice selection of cutting-edge design, in atmospheric settings—and at prices for every budget, to boot.
While it used to be customary to formally greet shopkeepers in France with, "Bonjour, Madame," or "Bonjour, Mademoiselle," nowadays, to simply say "Bonjour" is fine.
Take a little bit of New York luxury back with you, without emptying your wallet, at Kiehl's Since 1851.
Perusing flea market fare in foreign cities can be a rewarding experience. You’ll spend the day rubbing shoulders with local shoppers and vendors, and you can usually find truly unique souvenirs to bring home. Herewith a rundown of our favorite flea markets around the globe.
With its verdant forests and the rugged Cascade Mountains as a backdrop, the Seattle area enjoys some of the best outdoor activities around. But off the hiking trail, it’s not all Gore-Tex gear and Teva sandals. There’s a local style scene known for its independent fashion boutiques, like these seven Seattle favorites.
Chic Parisians have come to depend on an elite group of consistently reliable, top-quality fashion chains for their wardrobe essentials, including shoes and accessories. For that ineffable French style, the choices listed below are the best of the bunch, each with its own particular character and appeal to satisfy shoppers of every stripe.
Putting in the time to peruse stands at local markets can certainly unearth some winning on-the-road finds, though it often seems that most vendors are selling the same forgettable tchotchkes. The best place to search out memorable, quality items tied to your travels is oftentimes found in museum gift shops. Since you likely already plan to wander the halls of a local museum or two, tacking on a stop in the gift shop could easily take care of your souvenir needs in one easy shot. You’ll definitely want to spend a bit of time—and money—in our five favorite museum gift shops, outlined below.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Ultimate Safari Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays