News Stories Tagged scuba diving
The glorious Great Barrier Reef just begs to be explored, and there are many more ways to do so than just scuba. Why not see it from above in a seaplane or submerge yourself in a semi-sub boat?
No matter how many visits you log to the Caribbean, there's always somewhere new to explore. Cue Grenada—just off the beaten path enough and stocked with postcard views, strong drinks, and fantastic diving.
Forget what you know about vacation packages, or at least this one. We just returned from the awe-inspiring underwater wonderland of Sharm-El-Sheik, Egypt, which we couldn't have seen any other way.
Check out the 12th annual Underwater Easter Egg Hunt off Key Largo on April 8, hosted by Atlantis Dive Center.
Want to experience a different side of your waterfront vacation destination? Consider diving beneath the waves into a vibrant world of shipwrecks, coral reefs, and marine life. Whether or not you're already certified, here are some basic tips to start planning your diving holiday.
Most dive operators offer a "discover" or "resort" course where first-timers can try out open-water scuba diving with a short pool course and an instructor at their side.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $699 -- Oahu: 3 Nights at Posh Oceanfront Resort, Save $678Turtle Bay Resort
- $189 & up -- Tucson 4-Diamond Resort in Spring, Save 30%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $89 & up -- Puerto Rico Hotel Deals for Spring up to 50% OffPuerto Rico Tourism Company
- $77-$85 -- Quebec City 4-Diamond Hotel into June, 40% OffHilton Quebec
- $115 -- Playa Del Carmen Adult-Only Escape, Save 30%Deseo [Hotel + Lounge]
- $2999 -- Luxe 8-Night Italy, Croatia & Greece Cruise w/AirOceania Cruises