News Stories Tagged scuba diving
The glorious Great Barrier Reef just begs to be explored, and there are many more ways to do so than just scuba. Why not see it from above in a seaplane or submerge yourself in a semi-sub boat?
No matter how many visits you log to the Caribbean, there's always somewhere new to explore. Cue Grenada—just off the beaten path enough and stocked with postcard views, strong drinks, and fantastic diving.
Forget what you know about vacation packages, or at least this one. We just returned from the awe-inspiring underwater wonderland of Sharm-El-Sheik, Egypt, which we couldn't have seen any other way.
Check out the 12th annual Underwater Easter Egg Hunt off Key Largo on April 8, hosted by Atlantis Dive Center.
Want to experience a different side of your waterfront vacation destination? Consider diving beneath the waves into a vibrant world of shipwrecks, coral reefs, and marine life. Whether or not you're already certified, here are some basic tips to start planning your diving holiday.
Most dive operators offer a "discover" or "resort" course where first-timers can try out open-water scuba diving with a short pool course and an instructor at their side.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $849 & up -- Playa del Carmen 5-Star All-Incl. Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $159 & up -- Tampa Hotels into May, Save 30%Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $129 & up -- Suite: Luxe All-Incl. Puerto Rico Beach ResortBookIt.com
- $1229 & up -- Riviera Maya: 4-Star; 5-Night Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $699 -- Oceanview: 7-Night Bermuda Cruise w/DrinksPriceline Cruises