News Stories Tagged scuba diving
The glorious Great Barrier Reef just begs to be explored, and there are many more ways to do so than just scuba. Why not see it from above in a seaplane or submerge yourself in a semi-sub boat?
No matter how many visits you log to the Caribbean, there's always somewhere new to explore. Cue Grenada—just off the beaten path enough and stocked with postcard views, strong drinks, and fantastic diving.
Forget what you know about vacation packages, or at least this one. We just returned from the awe-inspiring underwater wonderland of Sharm-El-Sheik, Egypt, which we couldn't have seen any other way.
Check out the 12th annual Underwater Easter Egg Hunt off Key Largo on April 8, hosted by Atlantis Dive Center.
Want to experience a different side of your waterfront vacation destination? Consider diving beneath the waves into a vibrant world of shipwrecks, coral reefs, and marine life. Whether or not you're already certified, here are some basic tips to start planning your diving holiday.
Most dive operators offer a "discover" or "resort" course where first-timers can try out open-water scuba diving with a short pool course and an instructor at their side.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- $299 -- Balcony: 4-Night Bahamas Cruise on CelebrityCruise.com
- $79 & up -- New Orleans Hotel Sale up to 65% OffNew Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau
- $139 -- Legendary Downtown LA Hotel incl. Weekends, 40% OffMillennium Biltmore
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $1698 & up -- 6-Night Ireland Package w/ChauffeurTourism Ireland
- $119-$159 -- Orlando 4-Star Resort at SeaWorld, Save 45%Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld