News Stories Tagged savings
To celebrate luxury all-inclusive resort Kamalame’s 15th anniversary, guests can save 30 percent off stays now through April 30.
A night out at a Broadway show, opera, or concert can easily set you back a cool Benjamin (or more). While students and seniors can often catch a price break, finding discounted seats requires a bit more digging for the rest of us. Read on for some terrific tips on snagging great seats and getting cultured on the cheap.
For the first time in four years, Leap Day is again upon us—and just about everybody seems to be dishing out deals to entice travelers in honor of 2012’s extra calendar day. From a free three-course lobster dinner for "leapsters" to 29 cent room upgrades to $29/night hotel stays, the offers are piling up. Here are five of the best—but, you better act fast! Nearly all are blink-and-you’ll-miss flash sales that begin and end this Wednesday, February 29.
Uruguay has long been a jet-set destination for wealthy Argentineans, but lately the country and its seaside resorts are garnering global buzz, thanks in part to two fabulously original hotels in laid-back Jose Ignacio. Sister hotels Estancia Vik and Playa Vik are located five miles from each other and offer a Uruguayan experience that’s second to none. Now, Fodors.com readers can save a bundle on a one-of-a-kind seven-night package at these two great properties.
If you’re looking to set out on an upper-crust cruise vacation, but don’t quite have the high society bankroll to fund it, you’re in luck. Two luxury small-ship cruise lines have recently launched promotions that reduce rates on sailings to the Caribbean, Mediterranean, China, Egypt, and beyond, by 25 to 40 percent. Just hurry—the best berths are sure to book up fast, and one of these deals expires as soon as Wednesday, February 29.
The seemingly spring-like weather of late has got us all longing for summer, which is why a trip to Buenos Aires right now is more appealing than ever. It’s 80 degrees and sunny in the Argentine capital. Translation: alfresco dining at world-class cafes, tango in the streets, and cold Quilmes cervezas (when you break from Malbec, of course). Best of all, even though it’s high season, we’ve brokered a deal just for Fodors.com readers at one of the city’s foremost designer boutiques.
Japanese travel agency KIE/Kintetsu International, in partnership with Japan Airlines, is now offering travelers a multi-day package that includes the first ever non-stop flights from Boston to Tokyo.
Discounts on golf are often available for resort guests and for those who book tee times on the web, as well as for those willing to play in the afternoon instead of the morning. Twilight fees are also usually offered; call individual courses for information.
At the Museu Picasso, Diumenges al Picasso (Sundays at the Picasso Museum) offers Sunday morning performances in the museum ranging from classical music to clowns.
Solo cruise travelers, take heed: Your ship has finally come in. For deal-savvy travelers who are looking to fly solo on their next cruise vacation, turn to single traveler-specialized travel agency Premier River Cruises.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best Outdoor Music Venues in the U.S.
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $2699 & up -- Paris & Normandy River Cruise w/$299 R/T AirAvalon Waterways
- $179-$229 -- San Diego 4-Star Hotel into Summer, $100 OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $699 & up -- Alaska: Weeklong Cruises incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Line
- $819 & up -- Luxe Vallarta All-Incl. w/Air; Kids Stay FreeCheapCaribbean.com
- $679 & up -- Hilton All-Incl. Jamaica Escape w/Air; $240 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $129 & up -- Stylish Downtown Memphis Hotel, Save 35%Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel