News Stories Tagged savannah
The long Memorial Day weekend has just come and gone, and you're ready to look ahead to your next trip. This time you're going huge: you'll spend a week on the beach, perhaps in a rented cabin, and you're inviting a ton of family and friends. Sounds perfect, right? Well it could be—as long as you can a place that's family-friendly, safe for the kids, and enjoyable for the adults as well. Here are our top suggestions.
To really see Savannah, hop off the back of the trolley and rent a bike instead. The city is endlessly charming and bike-friendly, and on two wheels you can see historic squares and hidden side streets up close.
Springtime is the best time at many Southern inns, bed-and-breakfasts, and hotels. This is when flowers are at their peak, and the methodical work of landscapers is thrust into the spotlight. Here are five Southern resorts where the blooms are at their best.
From the first shots fired on Fort Sumter to the surrender at Appomattox Court House, the Civil War Sesquicentennial will commemorate this tumultuous period in U.S. history. Many of the famous battlefields and historic sites are preserved for today's visitors.
Do you have a dream? In the spirit of Dr. King, here are three inspiring ways to spend your long weekend. January 17 is a national day of service, and marks the 25th anniversary of the federal holiday.
A sudden hair-raising chill. Mysteriously creaking stairs. Translucent apparitions. Experience these and other signs of paranormal activity at some of America's most haunted spots. The homes, jails, and towns listed here can add some spookiness to your vacation or amp up the fright factor on Halloween.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $972* & up -- Flights to Galapagos from the U.S. (Roundtrip)LAN
- $4839 & up -- Danube to Black Sea River Cruise, $1000 OffAvalon Waterways
- $229 -- 4-Night Baja Mexico Cruise w/CreditCruises.com
- $299 -- 4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise w/CreditPriceline Cruises
- $549 -- Balcony: 5-Night Caribbean Cruise incl. DrinksCruises.com
- $751* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines