News Stories Tagged san francisco
Check out Club Fugazi in San Francisco for biting parody, glitzy costumes, and outrageous headgear.
Dream of taking your next vacation on two wheels, but worried about keeping up with the group—or making it up the big hills, period? With e-bikes becoming an increasingly popular option in bike-friendly destinations all over the world, here are a few options to roll with when you need a little extra pedal power.
With warmer weather on its way (read: skimpier clothing both in the city and on the beach), motivate your fitness routine by signing up for a triathlon. Here, we’ve rounded up seven great triathlons in vacation-worthy destinations across the United States.
Chef Charlie Palmer is set to debut the Mystic Hotel, located in San Francisco’s Union Square, later this spring. Palmer is also behind Sonoma’s Hotel Healdsburg and the in-the-works Charlie Palmer Hotel in Las Vegas. The newly renovated, Victorian-era property will, of course, come with a signature Palmer eatery.
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom. Happily, these seven international jet-set hubs are coming to flyers’ rescue, continuing to roll out mega-entertainment options and "top that!" amenities that transform their terminals into temporary tourist destinations in their own right.
Originally built in 1903 in the Presidio section of San Francisco's Golden Gate National Recreation Area, the historic Inn at Presidio will reopen on April 1 after extensive renovations and LEED-design innovations. The century-old red-brick building is ready to take on new life as a luxurious, eco-friendly inn.
Spring has just about sprung, so we've rounded up a preview of the season's freshest happenings in five of the world's most popular cities. From San Francisco's funky festivals to Paris's cutting-edge art expos, these main events are sure to put some spring in your step. In addition to outlining a smorgasbord of special spring events, each city-specific mini-itinerary below gives you the scoop on where to sleep and eat, for a spring fling to make the birds sing.
A night out at a Broadway show, opera, or concert can easily set you back a cool Benjamin (or more). While students and seniors can often catch a price break, finding discounted seats requires a bit more digging for the rest of us. Read on for some terrific tips on snagging great seats and getting cultured on the cheap.
San Francisco's ever-evolving restaurant scene has ensured it's a mainstay on the map for foodie-minded travelers. With culinary accolades that today extend far beyond Bay Area-fixture/epicurean goddess, we've set out to round up a cutting-edge culinary tour that incorporates five foodie hot spots, all of which have debuted within the last year and a half.
If you're looking to kill a little time in San Francisco's Mission District before hooking up with dinner companions, the Modern Times Bookstore is a low-key and inviting place to hide out in the stacks.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $156 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Costa Rica Resort w/TransfersBookIt.com
- $150 -- Oceanfront Miami Beach Resort into Spring w/RebateBookIt.com
- $699 -- 10-Night Panama Canal Cruise on Holland AmericaCruise.com
- $1199 & up -- Jamaica All-Incl. Beach Trip w/Air & TransfersApple Vacations
- $84-$92 -- Brand New: Panama City Downtown Hotel, Save 45%Hyatt Place Panama City/Downtown
- $125 & up -- Philadelphia Area Hotel Sale w/Parking, 45% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts