News Stories Tagged san francisco
The days of sneaking handcuffs and pom-pom feathers in your carry-on are over! A California-based hotel group is offering a sexually-charged package inspired by Fifty Shades of Grey.
From fireworks displays to foodie tours, there are endless ways to celebrate the Golden Gate Bridge's 75th Anniversary throughout the year in San Francisco. Here are our top picks.
As the world’s most famous bridge approaches its 75th anniversary, a dizzying array of bridge-themed events and activities will continue throughout the year to help commemorate the milestone.
Get into the spirit with all-inclusive baseball-themed hotel offers that will get you to the park and back in style, feed you well, put celebratory drinks in your hand, and send you home with gifts.
Check out Club Fugazi in San Francisco for biting parody, glitzy costumes, and outrageous headgear.
Dream of taking your next vacation on two wheels, but worried about keeping up with the group—or making it up the big hills, period? With e-bikes becoming an increasingly popular option in bike-friendly destinations all over the world, here are a few options to roll with when you need a little extra pedal power.
With warmer weather on its way (read: skimpier clothing both in the city and on the beach), motivate your fitness routine by signing up for a triathlon. Here, we’ve rounded up seven great triathlons in vacation-worthy destinations across the United States.
Chef Charlie Palmer is set to debut the Mystic Hotel, located in San Francisco’s Union Square, later this spring. Palmer is also behind Sonoma’s Hotel Healdsburg and the in-the-works Charlie Palmer Hotel in Las Vegas. The newly renovated, Victorian-era property will, of course, come with a signature Palmer eatery.
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom. Happily, these seven international jet-set hubs are coming to flyers’ rescue, continuing to roll out mega-entertainment options and "top that!" amenities that transform their terminals into temporary tourist destinations in their own right.
Originally built in 1903 in the Presidio section of San Francisco's Golden Gate National Recreation Area, the historic Inn at Presidio will reopen on April 1 after extensive renovations and LEED-design innovations. The century-old red-brick building is ready to take on new life as a luxurious, eco-friendly inn.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- America's Best Wine Bars
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays