News Stories Tagged san francisco
Everyone's eyes are on the Golden Gate Bridge this year. And while its 75th birthday already passed, the city released a cool, interactive app to learn more about it than you ever knew you wanted to.
The days of sneaking handcuffs and pom-pom feathers in your carry-on are over! A California-based hotel group is offering a sexually-charged package inspired by Fifty Shades of Grey.
From fireworks displays to foodie tours, there are endless ways to celebrate the Golden Gate Bridge's 75th Anniversary throughout the year in San Francisco. Here are our top picks.
As the world’s most famous bridge approaches its 75th anniversary, a dizzying array of bridge-themed events and activities will continue throughout the year to help commemorate the milestone.
Get into the spirit with all-inclusive baseball-themed hotel offers that will get you to the park and back in style, feed you well, put celebratory drinks in your hand, and send you home with gifts.
Check out Club Fugazi in San Francisco for biting parody, glitzy costumes, and outrageous headgear.
Dream of taking your next vacation on two wheels, but worried about keeping up with the group—or making it up the big hills, period? With e-bikes becoming an increasingly popular option in bike-friendly destinations all over the world, here are a few options to roll with when you need a little extra pedal power.
With warmer weather on its way (read: skimpier clothing both in the city and on the beach), motivate your fitness routine by signing up for a triathlon. Here, we’ve rounded up seven great triathlons in vacation-worthy destinations across the United States.
Chef Charlie Palmer is set to debut the Mystic Hotel, located in San Francisco’s Union Square, later this spring. Palmer is also behind Sonoma’s Hotel Healdsburg and the in-the-works Charlie Palmer Hotel in Las Vegas. The newly renovated, Victorian-era property will, of course, come with a signature Palmer eatery.
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom. Happily, these seven international jet-set hubs are coming to flyers’ rescue, continuing to roll out mega-entertainment options and "top that!" amenities that transform their terminals into temporary tourist destinations in their own right.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1374 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $749 & up -- 9-Night Bermuda & Caribbean Cruise, Save $600Royal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- 5-Nt. Riviera Maya Vacation w/Air, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $897* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $549 & up -- 10-Nt. Mediterranean Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $2498 -- Upscale Bahamas & Bermuda Cruise incl. R/T AirfareOceania Cruises